message for the ferret

I am so enjoying these ferret stories. LOL As far as the white ferrets having a more aggressive attitude, I believe it. We had one white ferret at the zoo, and she wasn't very nice. One time, in front of a big crowd of visitors, she sank her teeth into my chin and drew blood. It wasn't just me, though, she bit everybody. That's only one out of many ferrets that was a bad apple though.

I have a ferret and his name is Bandit. He is six years old. We had to put our beloved Tazzel down a month ago, she was close to 9 years old according to the Vet. She was re-homed to us and we had a great six years with her!

She was white and loved to lick, lick, CHOMP!

Sorry to hear she's gone. But happy to here she lived to be 9, that's a nice run for a ferret.
When we took her to the vet so he could help her to the bridge he told us he never sees ferrets as old as her. They were ever so gentle with Taz. First they gave her a numbing shot and then gave her gas to make sure she was really good and asleep before finding a vein. He said it is really hard to find veins on ferrets and he wanted to make sure that she felt no pain. We took Bandit with us and after she was gone the vet took him and put him on the table with her so he could sniff her. He said it would help Bandit to realize that she was gone so he didn't look for her at home. Bandit sniffed her and licked her a few times and then become really interested in vet's clipboard.

When we first got her she had been an only ferret her whole life. When we got Bandit a month later she was afraid of him. She didn't know how to play. She didn't know how to snuggle. I actually got it on video the first time she actually played and cried, she finally understood playing. Later that same night she crawled up on my husbands chest and fell asleep.

I think our guys have lived so long and done so well because we feed them raw and use holistic methods as much as possible.

Last edited:
Awe wow, your an amazing pet parent. My girl is 5 and still seems very well, hoping my Ellie lives a long and happy life like your girl. So often ferrets end up with the wrong people, their not novelties their hard work, loving goofy pooping in the corner work. I hope you keep keeping ferrets, more people like you should have them.
More people like all of the loving owner here.

This is Ellie

Ellie is really cute. :) We lost our ferret Allie Wednesday, she had insulinoma. She was the biggest thief ever.
She stole stuffed toys like it was her job. (I guess it was!) One was a large stuffed bison that she stole from my son's room, down the hallway, into the living room, the length of the couch, over my feet, and under the coffee table. She stole my work shoe and hid it in ds' room. I couldn't find it for weeks. She also used to steal a particular turkey stuffie we had. She'd get up on our computer desk, and swipe the turkey. She'd hide it somewhere safe, then go on about her business. Later, the next day or later that day, she'd climb the computer desk again, and have a ferret tantrum because the turkey wasn't there. We'd have to jump up and find where Allie had hidden it, and return it to the desk. Then she'd steal it, and we'd do this over and over. I miss her. :(

Back
Top Bottom