Meyer Hatchery "All Pullet Rainbow Pack"

I would order.. if I needed 25 chicks haha.
I order 25 at a time, pick through for the ones I want and sell the rest:) Depending on how many I keep, sometimes the few I keep end up being free in the end.

I have always been very happy with Meyer and have purchased many orders through them.

I was considering picking up a rainbow pack, I just know my husband would kill me though If I came home with 25 chicks LOL. We have a small urban plot and he limited me to 8 birds. However I may pick them up and then sell the ones I don't want.

ya.gif
My chicks ship today!! Will be posting pictures as soon as they are here and get settled!

The one thing about ordering 25 chicks at a time, other than being able to keep each other warm in transit, is that the shipping costs less for 25 than it does for just a few. That way you could sell the extra that you won't keep, and it will save you money. I have had 2 healthy shipments from Meyer in the last 2 years.

Here they are!! (Most of them, rest are under the light) the only ones I have figured out so far are the 8 polish ones, and the 3 silkies. If you have any idea on the rest i'd love to hear! :)

I'm thinking about ordering this. Would you recommend it? I need cold-hardy breeds for harsh New England winters. (just got 2+ feet of snow)

I'm happy with what I got in mine. I got a lot of polish chicks (If ordering chicken by chicken, I probably would not have chose them) but they are cute so it's perfectly okay :)

It's definitely a chancy buy, because it's a hatchery choice mix. You could get all cold hardy birds, or you can get a bunch of not cold hardy. You could always buy it and sell the ones you don't want, though.

All in all, I love my chicks. I'm happy with the mix I got. :) All my polish will be laying small/medium white eggs, and I am a sucker for Dark speckled, brown and green eggs, so i'll be buying again soon :)

If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely buy another rainbow pack.. that is if I really think I need 25 more chickens.. :p

Back
Top Bottom