Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Pics

farmguy2007

Chirping
11 Years
Dec 31, 2012
Indianapolis,Indiana
I would love to see some pics of meyer birds people have gotten through them!!! I ordered recently for middle of march and I am having trouble hanging in there!! The wait is soooooooo hard...lol I ordered BPR,EE,Silkies,Red Stars,& BA if anyone has pics of those I would defently like to see those even more!!! Any pics would be nice though!!

We finally got confirmation that all of our Meyer's girls are laying! They are all about 25 weeks now. I wasn't sure about my speckled sussex, but on Monday we had 9 eggs (from 10 layers). We think the SS egg is a little pinker than the Buffs & Dominiquer, but they are so close in color, I couldn't be sure. My only confirmation was that I got 4 brown eggs in a day (2 Buffs, 1 Dominique & 1 SS).

My skelter is now so colorful!!!!

Can I brag a little? I hope that all of you do not mind?
tongue.png

This little one will hatch around March 24th, 2015

You can see his/her face and belly and the little leg and toes kicked up behind the date there on the right side.

They should be able to tell if the baby is a boy or girl by the next ultrasound. My daughter-in law is letting us come to that one too. I am so excited, she is 12 weeks along now and the next one will be at 16 to 18 weeks.
love.gif

I cannot believe I'll be a grandmother. To bring this back to chickens: I am excited that once the baby is old enough, I can order little chicks just for him/her.

Very exciting day yesterday! One of my Meyers white egg layers finally joined the party. Her egg is the littlest on the end:

The bottom 3 eggs are all Meyer's girls (around 22 weeks old). But we are not sure if it was:

Checkers (the Exchequer) or Buffy (the Buff Laced Polish)

Whose ready for some 3 day old baby pics?
Golden Buff

Buckeye#1 lighter one with no stipe on head

Buckeye #2

Buckeye #3 next two pics.. Very bold and friendly

Olive Egger 1

Olive Egger2

My week old EE (Barred Rock x Ameraucana)

Last edited:
I'm so excited about the fist dozen of eggs my Black Copper Marans have laid, I just had to share with you all. They arent Meyer girls, though. I hope my Blue Marans start laying soon, but im not expecting eggs nearly as dark.
This is a natural light photo so they are a little bit darker than pictured. Ohh they are so pretty!

Yay! :celebrate :celebrate
My cuckoo Marans definitely laid this today. She was pacing all day and squawking every time she made it up the ramp into the coop. However, I found it in the run. Id say the color is somewhere between these two.

Back
Top Bottom