Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I got this pic from my husband today. Our BCM finally laid her first egg. He caught her still on it so I know it was her. Not as dark as it could be but I'm happy with it. Adds a new dimension to the skelter. :)

I think only 3 or 4 hens were laying eggs last time I posted. Most of my chickens are laying now. I have 14 and 10 is the most I got in one day. I also got some new color eggs on New Year Day. Before that, I only had the Maran egg (top egg in pic) and a med caramelish brown color egg(bottom right egg). I got the two light eggs pictured and the tan one with speckles (bottom egg in pic).
IMG_20180101_121342514.jpg

I am still crossing my fingers that my EE and OE aren't laying yet because I only got color eggs from my Blue Am. My Ex Leghorn and Blue Am just started laying last week, so I still have hope my OE and EE aren't laying yet. My first blue egg was on 01/15/18 and the first white egg was on 01/17/18. I know who they are because my Ex Leghorn is my only white egg layer and I saw my Blue Am on the blue egg. My Ex Leghorn's eggs are super cute and tine, just like her :) My Blue Am's first egg was small, but her eggs are quickly getting bigger and a dark and more even blue color. I got three white eggs and 6 blue. My Blue Am laid 5 eggs in her first week, which was way more than I was expecting.
IMG_20180120_172628877.jpg

IMG_20180120_172905023.jpg

The real MVP is my Golden Buff. She consistently laid eggs since she started. The other two that started around the same time weren't as consistent. All of a sudden my chickens started laying a bunch of eggs. I went from getting 3 or 4 a day (beginning if Jan) to getting 8-10 a day (Mid Jan).

Last edited:
Dominique

Standard Buff Brahma

Speckled Sussex
We ordered these gals last May. The Sussex and Dominique lay nearly everyday and the Brahma finally (!) laid her first egg today. We have 4 ducks scheduled for March and 9 more chicks for April, can't wait, seems like it is taking forever to get here. Even have the countdown timer on the phone going...

Okay you guys will NOT believe who just called me! Jess , from Meyer hatchery just gave me a call saying she saw my post here on this thread and asked me if I wanted to add some Buff Brahmas! Oh my gosh I'm SO excited! Someone needs to give her a raise! This is so awesome, Meyer is #1 for customer service!! Thank you , Jess!
big_smile.png

You never know who's reading this :) I just got back from picking out 3 of the cutest little Buff Brahma babies I could find and putting them in your box. No raise necessary here, your excitement is rewarding enough! Aren't we all supposed to treat others the way we would want to be treated?

I really wish Meyer had a search option where you could enter the hatch date and see what's available then. Well, maybe not. My three chick order is already five and I'm trying to get two more. Can you imagine what it would be like if I could search by my hatch date?? I'd be up to 10 and building an extension on the coop and run!

So my son & I have started a list of names for our new peeps that we are picking up on Tuesday. I asked him what we wanted to name the new BO we just added. His suggestion was so cute, I had to share!

Doc McCluckins after Doc McStuffins on Disney channel! It kind of fits, since BOs tend to be big mommas!

We will have to meet them all & see personalities before making any final name decisions, but that one has strong possibilities!!

Hey, everyone! My Meyer babies hit 8 weeks old today!! :D Here they are!

Elda the Silver Gray Dorking:

I am totally in love with this breed! :love

Kit-kit the SGD:

Georgie the clumsy Black Copper Marans:

Louise the graceful BCM:

Mabel the Welsummer:

And a few of the girls that are not from Meyer's. Here's Poppy the pretty Legbar, who is 9 weeks old:

Violet the Bielefelder, also 9 weeks old:

And one I don't think I've posted here before, Tilde the Swedish Flower Hen. She's here because I moved her in with the babies. She's having a hard time with the big girl flock, so I'm hoping she'll get some courage from being the big birdy in the flock. :) If I remember right, Til is about 10 or 11 months old.

Whenever Til is near the fence, the babies all pile up next to her. :love They even preen when she does! It's too cute!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom