Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Ha, ha you people are so funny! :lau

I'm addicted too, I admit it! :oops:

Seems like everyone has great plans. I have a spreadsheet and keep track of the weight of every egg per chicken, so I know who is laying and how big the eggs are. It has helped me determine which breed I would like to get more of which breeds I am planning on staying away from in the future. Also, broodiness, personality, flightiness and health figures into the whole factor too.

I will get more wyandottes, dominiques, RIR's, BO's, Red Sex Links, EE's, Leghorns & Polish

I have mixed feelings about the Barred Rocks & Partridge Rocks due to my BR's not being great layers and my one PR going broody 4 times so far and shes not a year old yet.

I do not want anymore White Rocks since the one I had was too mean. 

I also do not want anymore Golden Campines or Blue Andulasions since they are too flighty. I do love the ones I have though.

I kinda have mixed feelings about the Cuckoo Marans since one of mine keeps going broody.

So yeah, I guess I am there with all of you. I also have a want list too of chickens I have never had before.

Okay, I admit it, a little crazy here too.;)  

I must see those spreadsheets! They sound too good not to be shared!!!

Ha, ha you people are so funny!
lau.gif

I'm addicted too, I admit it!
hide.gif

Seems like everyone has great plans. I have a spreadsheet and keep track of the weight of every egg per chicken, so I know who is laying and how big the eggs are. It has helped me determine which breed I would like to get more of which breeds I am planning on staying away from in the future. Also, broodiness, personality, flightiness and health figures into the whole factor too.

I will get more wyandottes, dominiques, RIR's, BO's, Red Sex Links, EE's, Leghorns & Polish

I have mixed feelings about the Barred Rocks & Partridge Rocks due to my BR's not being great layers and my one PR going broody 4 times so far and shes not a year old yet.

I do not want anymore White Rocks since the one I had was too mean.

I also do not want anymore Golden Campines or Blue Andulasions since they are too flighty. I do love the ones I have though.

I kinda have mixed feelings about the Cuckoo Marans since one of mine keeps going broody.

So yeah, I guess I am there with all of you. I also have a want list too of chickens I have never had before.

Okay, I admit it, a little crazy here too.
wink.png

My BR is one of my best layers. I get 5-6 eggs a week from her. My PR is skittish and an ok layer, I don't know if I'd get another.
I'm with you on the campines and andalusians - too flighty

The only chicken I've had go broody is my cochin, which are known for it. It's crazy you've had so many breeds go broody.

Here's my chicken board. http://www.pinterest.com/trsturself/chickens/

So my son & I have started a list of names for our new peeps that we are picking up on Tuesday. I asked him what we wanted to name the new BO we just added. His suggestion was so cute, I had to share!

Doc McCluckins after Doc McStuffins on Disney channel! It kind of fits, since BOs tend to be big mommas!

We will have to meet them all & see personalities before making any final name decisions, but that one has strong possibilities!!

Very pretty! Has she started laying? Her eggs must be so cute!
Thanks for posting your Pinterest link!
Not yet. She's only 19 weeks old. She is starting to get a little red but not much.
I don't really expect any squatting from these birds since they didn't get handled much when they were chicks. They are all pretty skittish. So I'm just watching comb development, interest in the nest box, and egg song try outs. Nothing yet from any of the girls that age.

On the other hand one of our roosters started crowing! It's a real soft crow. It's cute. You can't even hear it inside the house. I think it's our BCM but I'm not positive. Whoever it is stops whenever I get close enough to see them.

So my son & I have started a list of names for our new peeps that we are picking up on Tuesday. I asked him what we wanted to name the new BO we just added. His suggestion was so cute, I had to share!

Doc McCluckins after Doc McStuffins on Disney channel! It kind of fits, since BOs tend to be big mommas!

We will have to meet them all & see personalities before making any final name decisions, but that one has strong possibilities!!
So creative. :)

Phew!
Finally heard from the seller today. She said she thought she had already contacted me, but she was waiting to mail them till tomorrow because of weather. Oh my goodness! She will send me tracking info tomorrow. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom