Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

no, all where there and the rest seam OK. she was a smaller chick. I say was as sadly she passed after i posted. I called but just missed the 5pm close time. i'll be sure to call in the AM. I think the rest may have knocked her over due to her not being able to move.

no, all where there and the rest seam OK. she was a smaller chick. I say was as sadly she passed after i posted. I called but just missed the 5pm close time. i'll be sure to call in the AM. I think the rest may have knocked her over due to her not being able to move.

Ohh okay! Sorry, for some reason I thought you said you had ordered 20.

And aww sorry about the chick! :(

Yes we ordered 20 but the Brahmans we had wanted had hatch issues this week. They didn’t say what happened, they called Monday and we canceled them. I had typed that in a post, I guess it never made it b/c I don’t see it either!

Just called and they where very nice, I’m guessing I’ll order more once these make it out to the coop!

Yes we ordered 20 but the Brahmans we had wanted had hatch issues this week. They didn’t say what happened, they called Monday and we canceled them. I had typed that in a post, I guess it never made it b/c I don’t see it either!

Just called and they where very nice, I’m guessing I’ll order more once these make it out to the coop!

Ohhh okay that makes sense! That stinks about the brahmas but the rest of the birds seem great! :)

Shortly after I posted I got a call from DW she asked why I had left the dead one in the brooder... I hadn’t. So now we are down to 2 I’ll call tomorrow and get that straightened out.

My friend came to get his 6 and my other buddy came to just check his out!

So we are at 10 right now 6 his 4 mine. He and I are talking ordering more already! Maybe June. I’m thinking 6 so I can get the rocks the brahanma and the campine’s. He’s looking for jersey giants.

Shortly after I posted I got a call from DW she asked why I had left the dead one in the brooder... I hadn’t. So now we are down to 2 I’ll call tomorrow and get that straightened out.

My friend came to get his 6 and my other buddy came to just check his out!

So we are at 10 right now 6 his 4 mine. He and I are talking ordering more already! Maybe June. I’m thinking 6 so I can get the rocks the brahanma and the campine’s. He’s looking for jersey giants.

Sorry you lost another! :(

But you should definitely order more! It is addictive, isn't it? Lol

Very addicting! Last year this time we had none. I said I would accept the 6 free ones from a friend looking to cut back. We lost 5 of those 6, bought 6 more 10 week old pulletts in late July. Lost one of those took in a few when a neighbor and more when a friend both cut back. Plus a free EE rooster. At this point 13 hens 1 rooster, 4 chicks! Plus.... 75 meat birds on there way! I did get a couple friends in on that order too. So only 25 will stay here.

Very addicting! Last year this time we had none. I said I would accept the 6 free ones from a friend looking to cut back. We lost 5 of those 6, bought 6 more 10 week old pulletts in late July. Lost one of those took in a few when a neighbor and more when a friend both cut back. Plus a free EE rooster. At this point 13 hens 1 rooster, 4 chicks! Plus.... 75 meat birds on there way! I did get a couple friends in on that order too. So only 25 will stay here.

Oh wow lots of birds!

I still only have 7 (had 8, lost one in the fall to a hawk). I want to order more, still have lots of breeds to try and i think I could have 12-15 or even 20+ easily but no room in the coop. The current coop is just a tiny coop kit and we built a 4x8 coop for them to move to hopefully soon. I wish I had built a bigger one so I could add more chickens! Lol

But I am considering adding quail

I made my first chick order from Meyer today!
My current birds were purchased at Tractor Supply.
I ordered 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Partridge Rocks, 2 Australorp, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Wesummer & 1 GL Wyandotte. They should ship around May 15th.
I really wanted to order Dorkings but the earliest availability was July...:(
Maybe I could do a small order of 3 for July?
I don't really have room for that many but I may be able to convince a friend to order with me...:confused:

Keep going back to their website between now and May 15. Sometimes people cancel their orders, or the birds lay more eggs than expected, and a few more become available. If any Dorkings pop up for May 15, just put in a minimum order of 3 birds for May 15 as soon as you see them online. You can call customer service later to have the orders combined (to save on shipping) and delete any extra birds you had to order that you don't want/need.

I had to do this several times with my order to get the Black Copper Marans I wanted, as well as the Olive Eggers. Staff at Meyers were super friendly and were the ones that suggested I do this in the first place, so they are pretty used to it.

Good luck!

Keep going back to their website between now and May 15. Sometimes people cancel their orders, or the birds lay more eggs than expected, and a few more become available. If any Dorkings pop up for May 15, just put in a minimum order of 3 birds for May 15 as soon as you see them online. You can call customer service later to have the orders combined (to save on shipping) and delete any extra birds you had to order that you don't want/need.

I had to do this several times with my order to get the Black Copper Marans I wanted, as well as the Olive Eggers. Staff at Meyers were super friendly and were the ones that suggested I do this in the first place, so they are pretty used to it.

Good luck!

If you see the ones you want are available and chat is active, just chat with them and ask them to add the new ones to your existing order. You just need your order number and they can do it as you chat. I've done this a couple of times and I can see the order update online get a confirmation email of the change before I even end the chat. Easy-peasy :D

Back
Top Bottom