Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

NotableNancy we will def post pics so everyone can see them when they come!!!What did you order from them??

After changing my order about 52 times I settled on 4 EE, 2 Buff Brahma, 2 Black Australorp, 2 RIR, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 Columbian Wyandotte, 1 BR, 1 Cuckoo Marans,
and 1 White Cochin. I was going for an interesting egg basket and friendly/pretty hens. I realized later I don't have any white egg layers. That means I have to order more later
wink.png

I'm reading all I can on BYC and keeping a notebook for treating diseases/problems and keeping predators out (we have fox, hawks and raccoons) but I think I need to stop. I'm scaring myself silly when I read about mites, lice, sour crop, diseases etc. I raised 2 kids, dogs, guinea pigs and fish but caring for chickens is starting to sound difficult. And it shouldn't; it's not rocket science. I just want them to be healthy and happy. We are doing all we can to keep them safe by building a completely enclosed run, half with a solid roof, so we can't do much more. I am in the process of looking up 'first aid kit' so I have everything I need, within reason, on hand. And I'm deciding between going with a Brinsea ecoglow or red heat lamp. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with an ecoglow since I've read so many great things about them and I won't have to worry about fire. I'm sure you can already tell I'm a worrier :) If my husband doesn't have time to build quick brooder I'm going to get a huge box or 2 from Costco/BJ's.

What are you doing for a brooder/light and where are you keeping them? I'm thinking 2 weeks in the house and then into the garage for 4 weeks until they can go into the coop.

Thanks Mallo and all the others. I'm glad to hear that Myer's is such a great hatchery, it does help a lot to hear from others who have used them before, eases my mind. Thank you farmguy for starting this post and I guess you're not the only impatient one, looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. Now if I can just keep calm and not drive my family crazy talking about chickens all the time.

I know, I am annoying the heck out of my kids
lau.gif

Oh good, I'm glad I am not the only one. I had a little bit of a credit on my Meyer account from changing my order, so of course I ordered one more chick today, another Barred Rock. I've been keeping notes on my computer in a chicken file as I research online. The next step will be a notebook too.

Here are my girls from Meyer: Partridge Plymouth Rocks: Blue Splash Marans: Speckled Sussex: This is Biddy-bird, the runt of the brood. She's supposed to be a Speckled Sussex, too. I don't have any that you're ordering, though. Sorry.
Aha! I knew you'd show up, Pipd!
:lol: I couldn't help jumping on a chance to show off my babies. I can post chick pictures of these girls, if anyone wants to see them. :)

I've only ever ordered from Meyer. I've even started hatching my own from the ones I've gotten from them.

Dominique

Easter Eggers

Buff Orpington hen, black copper marans roo,and their chick.

Rhode island red roo

Eggs I've gotten from my girls.

Chicks I've hatched from those eggs.

These pictures are beautiful!!! Nice birds, nice photography

Thank you! The picture of my Dominique,Agnes, was chosen by Meyer Hatchery for this years calendar, the month of September. I was so proud, I've never won anything before.

Back
Top Bottom