Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

For sure! None of my babies have EVER gone through this so-called 'ugly stage'!
lol.png
roll.png
I agree with you both, I didn't see the teenage ugly stage in mine either. Of course, looking back on old pics I guess they do look a little rough.
smile.png

She looks girly to me. :) I believe my mom named our Maddie after the Maduro wrapped cigars that my dad gets occasionally.

BarredRockGirls, if I can't tell my girls apart, I will use those little zip ties that come in different colors on their legs. You have to check them regularly to make sure they aren't getting too small, though. You'll probably find that by the time they start really maturing, their combs will be different enough that you can tell them by that. :)

And just for fun, here's Fancy, one of my Meyer Partridge Rocks, modelling her zip tie at 6 weeks old. She absolutely refused to wear the pink bands, but would wear just about any other color. In this picture, blue was all the rage:

I think I may do that! I have thought a bout the leg banding... But as u said the older they get the more I'm able to tell them apart .. Like one is really bossy and def Top hen - ima call her queen Elizabeth .. I also have poppy and sweetie who hang on me 24/7 poppy has 2 spots on her beak and there's a chick I noticed today who doesn't have a comb at all .idk if it just didn't develop or what she's NUNNA. That's all I have named outta 15 >_< lmao

Are little ladies (so I hope paid for females but I see a suspect roo or two) are starting to get funky looking sort of like they woke up on the wrong side of the perch so to speak..
tongue.png
But its very interesting to see the changes in their feathers and even each ones character. The girls have also moved out to there forever home but its blocked off so they are only exposed to some of the coop..They really love the extra room to run about and explore..very cheap entertainment if I do say so myself!! Will try to get pics up tomorrow of everything!!! Happy Chickening all

I have a Meyers order scheduled for May 5th. It's been on order since November and I'm about to loose it!!!!!!!! My last flock was from Ideal, but I had some deformities and vowed to find a better hatchery. I have heard a lot of great things about Meyers and love that there is no per breed minimum. I am however, worried about shipping.
I live in north eastern Oklahoma and was wondering if I have made a mistake ordering from a hatchery that is so far away. What do you guys think?????? I'm a nervous wreck.

I have a Meyers order scheduled for May 5th. It's been on order since November and I'm about to loose it!!!!!!!! My last flock was from Ideal, but I had some deformities and vowed to find a better hatchery. I have heard a lot of great things about Meyers and love that there is no per breed minimum. I am however, worried about shipping.
I live in north eastern Oklahoma and was wondering if I have made a mistake ordering from a hatchery that is so far away. What do you guys think?????? I'm a nervous wreck.

I think you'll be just fine in May! Just contact your PO so they can call you as soon as they come in.
What are you getting?

Aw, best of luck, LaurenLauren! I agree with NotableNancy, I'm sure they'll do fine. :)

I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting for my May 13 chicks since November. Had my brooder set up by the end of February. :lol: 41 days to go! :fl

I am getting 8 more chicks April 30th to May 2nd. I expect them to be here May 1st.

LaurenLauren; you are getting a nice variety, when I placed my order a lot of those that you ordered were not available, but I tried. Maybe next time.

Here's my list: Black Australorp, Golden Laced Polish Standard, Light Brown Leghorn, Welsummer, Salmon Faverolle, Golden Lakenvelder, White Rock Female and a Meyer Meal Maker

It will be interesting trying to integrate these new chicks with my by then 12 week olds. I do plan to wait until they are a couple weeks old first and separate them in the coop for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom