Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Cute Cute Cute!!! I got 4 EE's and 2 came with fluffy faces and 2 not to much fluff. 3 Ended up with nice beards and one clean faced so even if you don't see a beard now she could get one!

I think my BA's are pretty but they are can get a little mean to the lowest of the pecking order and one of them seems to yell at me all the time. I think she's trying to demand some treats. When I'm handing food out she gets all in a snit and screams and when I hand her something she stops. I put her in her place by giving her making her squat and giving her a big back rub. She fluffs up then and walks off in a huff. It's pretty funny. They're my husband's though so they'll be around for the duration. I'm hoping they end up to be good layers and redeem themselves. I was reading that many BA's don't lay until about 25-27 weeks! So I'm sure I have a few more weeks to go. Mine are 23.
I didn't realize the BA's take that long to lay eggs! I guess my new little one may lay her first one in January then! My husband is the one who wanted our BA too.

Such cute little baby chickens. Love the polish and their hairdo's coming in!
They are the cutest things ever! Their heads look too big for their bodies, but that just adds to the cuteness. They probably look more proportioned dry I imagine. So glad you could finally get some!

Thanks! The polish are such trouble makers! ESP Hoda, she is always up to something. I love the ducks but they are pretty scared if me. The only time they will get near me is in the bath tub and only if I have peas in my hand. Every other time the flip out and go nuts till I'm a safe distance away.

Cute Cute Cute!!!  I got 4 EE's and 2 came with fluffy faces and 2 not to much fluff. 3 Ended up with nice beards and one clean faced so even if you don't see a beard now she could get one!

Good to know! I thought I just couldn't see it.

Here are the ducks, sorry they are wet they just got done going for a swim.

Here is Topanga our Blue Swedish

This is Willow our Welsh Harlequin

And Panda our Cayuga

These little guys have grown so much!! Too cute. I love how the polish chicks are looking.

I will try to get 2 week pics of mine tomorrow. One of my buff brahmas had much slower feather growth than the other two so I'm wondering if its a roo

Our BA started laying at 22 weeks.
You're lucky. Mine don't have their full comb/wattles from what I can see of other BA pics on BYC so I'm assuming I'm a few weeks away. They squat but I've never seen them take an interest in the nests yet. My neighbors have 3 BA's and they lay a lots of beautiful creamy brown eggs. Hers are great layers!

These little guys have grown so much!! Too cute. I love how the polish chicks are looking.

I will try to get 2 week pics of mine tomorrow. One of my buff brahmas had much slower feather growth than the other two so I'm wondering if its a roo
uh-oh... don't want to make you nervous but I got 2 BB from Meyer and one was much slower to feather but that one turned out to be a pullet... the faster one to feather was a roo.
I could really tell by about 6-7 weeks but was in denial for a few more weeks after that. He was very quiet though and never crowed before I gave him away. I hear they make wonderful
roosters if you can keep one. They typically don't even mind being a 2nd rooster.

Don't know much a out buttercups other than they aren't cold hardy, hope mine will survive our harsh winter. Guess she will have to be in the insulated coop for the winter.

I have 3 buttercups, 2 pullets and 1 cockerel. I think the non-cold-hardiness is because their combs are large. Protect their combs in the winter. Mine have some strong personalities. They are smaller than the rest of the flock, but near the top of the pecking order (and sometimes mean to the chicks lower in the pecking order, like the Buff Orpingtons), and they are FLIGHTY (they can fly pretty good, so don't be surprised if they make it onto the roof of your 6-foot-tall shed). They are absolutely beautiful, though, and I'm delighted to have mine.
Don't know much a out buttercups other than they aren't cold hardy, hope mine will survive our harsh winter. Guess she will have to be in the insulated coop for the winter.

uh-oh... don't want to make you nervous but I got 2 BB from Meyer and one was much slower to feather but that one turned out to be a pullet... the faster one to feather was a roo. 
I could really tell by about 6-7 weeks but was in denial for a few more weeks after that. He was very quiet though and never crowed before I gave him away. I hear they make wonderful
roosters if you can keep one. They typically don't even mind being a 2nd rooster. 

Oh no. Well, I am hoping that I don't have 2/3 roosters. I guess I'll try to make it work if I do, if not maybe I can find one a good home.

I just can't quit smiling since I saw your duck pictures. They are SO CUTE!!!!
love.gif
Thank you!
These little guys have grown so much!! Too cute. I love how the polish chicks are looking. I will try to get 2 week pics of mine tomorrow. One of my buff brahmas had much slower feather growth than the other two so I'm wondering if its a roo
Hoda has a little Mohawk going on today. The ducks can hardly fit in there Meyer box anymore, they are growing like weeds'
Our BA started laying at 22 weeks. Those ducks are so cute. One day I'll get some.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom