Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I have to say I love all the new babies AND my USPS tracking is updating regularly! Amazing! My little ones are actually about four hours away so I wonder if they will arrive tomorrow or Thursday. Still thinking Thursday. Can't wait!

My tracking still said the box was excepted in Ohio yesterday and has had no updates sense..... They always do that. But the post office always calls me at 7:00 am Wednesday mornings so I'm not to worried. We will see tho

My tracking still said the box was excepted in Ohio yesterday and has had no updates sense..... They always do that. But the post office always calls me at 7:00 am Wednesday mornings so I'm not to worried. We will see tho

Mine arrived in Columbia at 8 this morning. If yours are traveling with mine, you should definitely have them in the morning! Too exciting!

I don't think it's actually a hard and fast rule with the Buckeyes. Our's was darker, but Buckeye chicks come in a range of shades and Meyer's are from a couple lines I believe. So fingers crossed for you. I didn't mean to make you worry, more I wanted validation for myself, sorry!
Oh no worries! I know how this goes. I didn't think they were an autosexing breed, so I am hoping the sexers at Meyer got it right. Did you ever find out if indeed the little one you rehomed turned out to be a roo? I will tell you, they are quite bossy all ready! I hope they take that stance with the mice in the barn!

MB

Any body with any Austra Whites out there with any pictures of adults.. Would just like to see what they look like at 20 weeks or older.

I am considering adding 3 Golden Campine to my last shipment due Sept 2nd. I have 3 White Marans coming at that time.

MB

Uh oh...just came in from collecting eggs. My RIR was in the nest box. I just figured she was laying until I stuck my hand under her and got pecked. She fluffed up too. Then I found her egg under her. Seems like she's thinking about being broody. I guess I'll see if she roosts tonight.

My 1 year old RIR from meyer has been broody all summer! I was surprised too! Good luck with yours, hopefully she will snap out of it.

Quote: Awe ! Good for you ! My Marans order got shredded! There are supposed to be 2 Black Copper pullets in my box tomorrow morning
jumpy.gif

Oh no worries! I know how this goes. I didn't think they were an autosexing breed, so I am hoping the sexers at Meyer got it right. Did you ever find out if indeed the little one you rehomed turned out to be a roo? I will tell you, they are quite bossy all ready! I hope they take that stance with the mice in the barn!

MB
No, I did not. I gave him away at 6 weeks. I wanted to wait until I heard crowing but there was too much tension in the brooder. He was really late to grow his tail feathers, stood more up right than the rest, stood guard over the others if there was a loud sound, was the noisiest and kept challenging his sisters if they so much as flapped their wings. When he jumped up and kicked one of the girls in the chest with both feet I said enough. Buckeyes are not supposed to be an aggressive breed. So that farmer who took him at TSC may have a crowing cockerel now or a pullet getting ready to lay. I will never know. Will be excited to see your girls grow though! He was almost finished with his gorgeous mahogany coat when I gave him away.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom