Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Good to hear that she is doing well.
I finally clipped one wing on our splash Blue Andulasion. She kept hopping out of their free range area. Yesterday we had a few close calls with her with trucks going by, then a couple stray dogs came by too, so I had to do something. It was so easy with my DH's help and it worked. She tried to fly up over the fence and she couldn't make it.

How's everyone doing? We just got our 2nd snow for this winter. I know if we have snow that it is probably much worse for the rest of you.

How's everyone doing? We just got our 2nd snow for this winter. I know if we have snow that it is probably much worse for the rest of you.

No new snow here, just bitter cold! I woke up to -10 degree temperature! Despite the cold, the girls were outside when I went to change their water and bring them treats. Even though I have a waterer inside the coop and on top of a metal heater base, a thin ring of ice formed in the trough. Now, that is cold weather!! Yikes!!

No new snow here, just bitter cold! I woke up to -10 degree temperature! Despite the cold, the girls were outside when I went to change their water and bring them treats. Even though I have a waterer inside the coop and on top of a metal heater base, a thin ring of ice formed in the trough. Now, that is cold weather!! Yikes!!
Yikes indeed! What state are you in? It is frigid here as well, in Northeast Ohio, but more from the wind. Thursday and Friday there was no school due to dangerously low wind chill (actual temps in single digits, negative teens overnight). The weekend warmed up and we had beautiful snow as well as sunshine, it was gorgeous. Yesterday morning was freezing again, -6, but the boy had school. This morning was 0 and it's supposed to get up into the 20s but because of the windchill, no school! I was confused about the call at 5:30 am but it became clear when I went out 2 hours later to let the girls out. My fingers felt like they were going to fall off.

We got snow over the weekend in Colorado, where we are at we got 10 inches. Coldest overnight temps the last few days have been 5 f and 20's during the day. Today is sunny and suppose to be 45 then back into snow for the rest of the week.

Birds doing ok, Rocco lost a tip to his comb, he had suffered frostbite earlier in the winter and I think I got ripped off during the rooster fight, with the cold he has been bleeding some from his wounds. I have been applying Waxalene twice a day for protection and to help soothe it. Heis getting a little better about me handling again. He gets a few BOSS after the treatments and is readily cobbling them out of my hand. Something Bruno would never do was eat form my hand while I was holding him.

Last edited:
-18 last night here in upstate ny. My chickens are terrified of the snow. Very minor frostbite so far, it's amazing they are even still alive, we've had up to -40 windchill many nights, my non-hardy glpolish just started laying and has laid her forth egg in six days!

-18 last night here in upstate ny. My chickens are terrified of the snow. Very minor frostbite so far, it's amazing they are even still alive, we've had up to -40 windchill many nights, my non-hardy glpolish just started laying and has laid her forth egg in six days!

Wow that is fricken cold, glad you have had minor issues.

Last edited:
Well it was 70 degrees here over the weekend! :gig Sorry to hear you guys are all suffering so bad. It was 20 degrees the other morning and we actually had a freezing rain advisory, but it wasn't cold enough for that. The kids here had a "snow day" for it too! SC can't even deal with the threat of winter weather.

Well it was 70 degrees here over the weekend! :gig Sorry to hear you guys are all suffering so bad. It was 20 degrees the other morning and we actually had a freezing rain advisory, but it wasn't cold enough for that. The kids here had a "snow day" for it too! SC can't even deal with the threat of winter weather.

Oh I envy you! It was -15 this morning but the girls are still doing great. It is supposed to be even colder on Thursday night. Definitely not looking forward to that! I want to just :smack this winter away! Come on spring! Lol

Yikes indeed!  What state are you in?  It is frigid here as well, in Northeast Ohio, but more from the wind.  Thursday and Friday there was no school due to dangerously low wind chill (actual temps in single digits, negative teens overnight).  The weekend warmed up and we had beautiful snow as well as sunshine, it was gorgeous.  Yesterday morning was freezing again, -6, but the boy had school.  This morning was 0 and it's supposed to get up into the 20s but because of the windchill, no school!  I was confused about the call at 5:30 am but it became clear when I went out 2 hours later to let the girls out.  My fingers felt like they were going to fall off.

I am in Connecticut. I have lived here all my life and don't remember ever have temperatures this low!! We had such a warm and beautiful Fall. I really shouldn't complain. Sunday, we were out shoveling snow off our deck and it was sunny and warm - a whopping 40 degrees. It felt then that spring was just around the corner. Hopefully, this current freeze doesn't last long and the snow starts melting. I want to see some green!!

Back
Top Bottom