Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Today is lockdown for my little eggies. I should never incubate eggs again. I'm a nervous wreck. It's like waiting for chicks to come in the mail! Are they going to hatch? What if none hatch? What if one lonely one hatches? What am I going to do if they all hatch? Is there a hair-pulling-out smiley on here? Oh my goodness. Three more days... Trying to stay preoccupied but not so much that I forget about them.

So exciting Christine! And I would be a nervous wreck to. Best of luck!

It got up into the low 60s today so I decided to take the one week old chicks out for a little field trip. I put them in the pen/tractor while the big girls free ranged. They really seemed to enjoy scratching around in the straw and leaves, the Wellie ate two bugs.

The White Rock has grown quite the wings and is starting a little dandelion puff of a tail. She is full of energy running and flapping around the brooder and scratching through the bedding like crazy. She doesn't like to be separated from her sisters and peeps loudly if they aren't together. The Brahma is such a big girl, she's calmed down quite a bit and enjoys human company. The Wellie is very pecky and loves climbing on the branches I put in the brooder. They all dislike bedtime and fuss when the lights go out, lol.

Just got another batch of chicks! 4 Buckeyes and 1 meal maker she told me it was a jersey giant. They are the sweetest little things too!

Have to take some better pics later

We love our Meyer chickens! We have had so much fun getting to know their personalities and love their beautiful feathers and type - they are wonderful birds!!! We have speckled sussex, welsummers, easter eggers, buff brahma, blue cochin, golden campine, spitzhauben, rhode island red and marans - we suggest Meyer to everyone we know! Speckled Sussex, EE, BCM

Hey was this picture chosen for the Backyard Chicken magazine?! I saw this somewhere and it's what made me want to get this breed. I love my Speckled Sussex girl.

So exciting Christine! And I would be a nervous wreck to. Best of luck!

It got up into the low 60s today so I decided to take the one week old chicks out for a little field trip. I put them in the pen/tractor while the big girls free ranged. They really seemed to enjoy scratching around in the straw and leaves, the Wellie ate two bugs.

The White Rock has grown quite the wings and is starting a little dandelion puff of a tail. She is full of energy running and flapping around the brooder and scratching through the bedding like crazy. She doesn't like to be separated from her sisters and peeps loudly if they aren't together. The Brahma is such a big girl, she's calmed down quite a bit and enjoys human company. The Wellie is very pecky and loves climbing on the branches I put in the brooder. They all dislike bedtime and fuss when the lights go out, lol.

Those are some really cute chick photos!

I'm getting excited for my Meyer chicks to arrive - still nearly a month to go. I ordered some fertile eggs off eBay for a broody hen though, and have a new chick this morning!!! Hoping the other 4 hatch too!!

Last edited:

The chicks hatching now are Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantams and potentially two French Black Copper Marans. I'm trying to be patient but it's driving me crazy!! One hatched, dried, and peeping wildly under his "mom" but not seeing anything else...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom