Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Got my order from Meyer today. 6 arrived via
Express overnight mail. All are lively eating and drinking. 1 BCM, 1 Splash maran, 1 blue Americauna, 3 black Australorps.
Fingers crossed they all are hens.
The PO showed me another shipment that someone had ordered and only paid for Priority from Mcmurray and they were all passed away. That was soooo sad. Please always use Express mail if you order.

@wildivy: Meyer offering express shipping and shipping during the week actually made me switch my order from McMurray. With MM hatching/shipping on Friday/Saturday is guarantees an extra day of travel unnecessarily. There'll be DOAs with any hatchery but it's simply bad practice to needlessly add risk like that imo. I'm glad yours arrived safely.

@TiaRC: I was obsessively refreshing the tracking page today even with the text alerts lol. And was out the door when I saw who was calling. Patience is overrated.

Second pip

I think this is one legbar. But it's the only one with the coloring.
This looks a little bit like a legbar. I can see the wide dark stripe down the back with the two light stripes on either side of it. There should also be two more well defined dark stripes on the outsides of the white stripes, which barely show in the photo. Does it have eyeliner?

Here is a photo of my legbar chicks. They were five days old when I got them.

The female is on the left, the male is on the right.

Here is my other female, at about 1 week old:

@wildivy: Meyer offering express shipping and shipping during the week actually made me switch my order from McMurray. With MM hatching/shipping on Friday/Saturday is guarantees an extra day of travel unnecessarily. There'll be DOAs with any hatchery but it's simply bad practice to needlessly add risk like that imo. I'm glad yours arrived safely.

@TiaRC: I was obsessively refreshing the tracking page today even with the text alerts lol. And was out the door when I saw who was calling. Patience is overrated.

I too am obsessively refreshing the page!! It's been stuck on Cleveland Ohio for a day and a half!! I hate how usps doesn't stay up to date with their tracking. Makes waiting worse!!

They won't let you pick them up now? I think everyone hates USPS tracking. Either doesn't update until delivery or its an hour or two behind. My chicks went from Cleveland to Carrboro NC then to Fayetteville then to me. No updates on them actually leaving Carrboro or Fayetteville.

This looks a little bit like a legbar. I can see the wide dark stripe down the back with the two light stripes on either side of it. There should also be two more well defined dark stripes on the outsides of the white stripes, which barely show in the photo. Does it have eyeliner? Here is a photo of my legbar chicks. They were five days old when I got them. The female is on the left, the male is on the right. Here is my other female, at about 1 week old:
Yeah, she has a bit of a Cleopatra thing going on.

Back
Top Bottom