Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I got them! I haven't looked in the box yet!

Got my order from Meyer today. 6 arrived via
Express overnight mail. All are lively eating and drinking. 1 BCM, 1 Splash maran, 1 blue Americauna, 3 black Australorps.
Fingers crossed they all are hens.
The PO showed me another shipment that someone had ordered and only paid for Priority from Mcmurray and they were all passed away. That was soooo sad. Please always use Express mail if you order.
So glad all yours are healthy. How horribly sad for the person who ordered from McMurray :(

@wildivy: Meyer offering express shipping and shipping during the week actually made me switch my order from McMurray. With MM hatching/shipping on Friday/Saturday is guarantees an extra day of travel unnecessarily. There'll be DOAs with any hatchery but it's simply bad practice to needlessly add risk like that imo. I'm glad yours arrived safely.

@TiaRC: I was obsessively refreshing the tracking page today even with the text alerts lol. And was out the door when I saw who was calling. Patience is overrated.
That is awful business structuring!

Second pip
!!!!!!!

Got that post office call!!! Now to restrain myself til 8 o'clock
Yay!!!

They won't let you pick them up now? I think everyone hates USPS tracking. Either doesn't update until delivery or its an hour or two behind. My chicks went from Cleveland to Carrboro NC then to Fayetteville then to me. No updates on them actually leaving Carrboro or Fayetteville.
My husband is a postal carrier and he thinks their tracking and package delivery is a joke. He orders everything through UPS when possible.

Can't wait to see more baby pics from you all!

See any you know? I believe a see buff orps and a barred rock.
!!!!! Looks like an awesome assortment, how exciting! You have at least three blues, maybe four, a couple could be splash, can't tell what breed without leg or side pics. A few reds, I would guess New Hampshire but could be Rhode Island or Buckeye. And those two in the bottom right corner have the silver gene, I don't know all the breeds that have that White Marans do (not White Rocks or Delawares but your light yellow ones could be those) or they could be splash. Get them settled then more pics today or tomorrow will be helpful. Congrats!!!

Last edited:
Too answer some questions to help with breeds. All of them are clean legged. If that helps. Umma take more pictures to help!
That does help, though it doesn't necessarily rule out Marans are they are sometimes clean legged, but it does rule out Cochins and Brahmas. I think you are right about the Buff Orps looks like you have one or two. I would guess that you have some Blue Orps as well, based on the light legs, but then again Ameraucana chicks don't always start off with slate legs and are sometimes clean faced, you will have to watch their combs in the next week and then their are Olive Eggers who could have either, oy! But someone whose had blue breeds should weigh in. All I know is your lucky to have gotten so many BBS.

Last edited:
That does help, though it doesn't necessarily rule out Marans are they are sometimes clean legged, but it does rule out Cochins and Brahmas.  I think you are right about the Buff Orps looks like you have one or two.  I would guess that you have some Blue Orps as well, based on the light legs.  But someone whose had blue breeds should weigh in.  All I know is your lucky to have gotten so many BBS.

I'm exactic over the blues. They are gorgeous birds. I was hoping for a turkey but all these blues will do!

So woke up to 12 pips this am, first pip is now unzipping and I am hearing peeping from the bator now.

First pip making bigger hole.

Our alpha female has now taken up hatch watch with me.

Back
Top Bottom