Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Here's a few pictures of my light brahmas right around 7 weeks. You can see in the one, her comb looks very pink. There's one where the tail feathers are coming in sticking up. The only difference I can really see is coloring.

Thanks, Christine!!
smile.png
That does give me some more hope. :) The comb in the first pic does look very similarly pink to Magnolia's. Magnolia does seem to have an unusual amount of black/laced feathers, but I wouldn't complain about that if she turns out to be a girl! If the lacing stays, it might actually be kind of neat! :)

You should definitely place it! My first order i wasn't really thinking entirely rare, just good layers and friedly, but i did want Wyandottes, they were sold out at the time though. I too started out with buff orpingtons and black australorps as well as barred rock and easter eggers. That was nice of your brother! How are your Wyandottes?
I want to place the order soooooooo bad!!! But I have gotten orders not to buy a SINGLE more chicken until at least 2017.
tongue.gif
sad.png
barnie.gif
. So yeah. Terrible story about my GLWs. I had my first predator attack ever and lost 5 GLWs. Yesterday was the single most terrible and emotional day in the entirety of my chicken keeping. I have one Partridge Rock that is trying to recover. I am not sure if she will make it or not though. When I found her I thought she was dead, but she was BARELY alive and she is still just in shock today. I cried so much. Every time I looked at the pile of shining golden feathers in the sun I would start crying again. I am not usually a very emotional person, but that just broke my heart. I only have 3 GLW left. And my rooster is dead too now, so I have no way of reproduction.

CuzChickens, I'm so sorry to hear about your predator attack!! That's just an awful feeling--most of us have probably been there, I know I have.
hugs.gif

Did you figure out how it happened so that you can secure the remaining chickens for tonight? I have read that predators generally come back once they carry out an attack like that, and if you read a few pages up you can see my picture of the raccoon who came back for several nights after killing two of my sweet hens. They were killed because I accidentally left the coop door open one night, and the next couple nights (when the door was closed, as it has been every night--I now have a nightly alarm set on my phone so I can never forget!!) the raccoon came back and tried to get into the coop, chewing up the wood and digging under, but it was secure enough to beat him.

I'm so sorry for your loss--those feathers on the ground really are a terrible reminder. Poor babies.
hit.gif
I hope you figure out what got them!!
somad.gif

Also, for the Partridge Rock, be sure to ask in the emergencies forum if you aren't sure what to do for her. They have been super helpful for me in the past! I hope she pulls through!!!

CuzChickens, I'm so sorry to hear about your predator attack!! That's just an awful feeling--most of us have probably been there, I know I have.
hugs.gif

Did you figure out how it happened so that you can secure the remaining chickens for tonight? I have read that predators generally come back once they carry out an attack like that, and if you read a few pages up you can see my picture of the raccoon who came back for several nights after killing two of my sweet hens. They were killed because I accidentally left the coop door open one night, and the next couple nights (when the door was closed, as it has been every night--I now have a nightly alarm set on my phone so I can never forget!!) the raccoon came back and tried to get into the coop, chewing up the wood and digging under, but it was secure enough to beat him.

I'm so sorry for your loss--those feathers on the ground really are a terrible reminder. Poor babies.
hit.gif
I hope you figure out what got them!!
somad.gif
I have kinda figured out what happened.. I have moved the 9 remaining to a temporary pen inside the big chicken run and at night they sleep with the big chickens. I did see that picture, man, it is terrible. I have a vet friend that said all that can be done is take care of the wounds and give her TLC. Thank you for the apologies!

I want to place the order soooooooo bad!!! But I have gotten orders not to buy a SINGLE more chicken until at least 2017.:tongue :( :barnie .   So yeah.  Terrible story about my GLWs.  I had my first predator attack ever and lost 5 GLWs.  Yesterday was the single most terrible and emotional day in the entirety of my chicken keeping.  I have one Partridge Rock that is trying to recover.  I am not sure if she will make it or not though.  When I found her I thought she was dead, but she was BARELY alive and she is still just in shock today.  I cried so much.  Every time I looked at the pile of shining golden feathers in the sun I would start crying again.  I am not usually a very emotional person, but that just broke my heart.  I only have 3 GLW left.  And my rooster is dead too now, so I have no way of reproduction.   

Awww I'm so sorry!!! I just ordered anyway ha but in light of the recent events I think you should be allowed to order more, you know, for replacements!! But in all seriousness, I know nothing can probably replace them and I am so sorry. That is dreadful. :(

I have kinda figured out what happened.. I have moved the 9 remaining to a temporary pen inside the big chicken run and at night they sleep with the big chickens. I did see that picture, man, it is terrible.  I have a vet friend that said all that can be done is take care of the wounds and give her TLC.   Thank you for the apologies!  

Your friend is probably right HOWEVER you could try giving her some Poultry Nutri-Drench or Sav-A-Chick. Really rich in vitamins/nutrients as well as electrolytes and may help to perk her up. Seems to work for many ailments and has worked for other injured birds. You can also try scrambling up some eggs for her if she will eat them for some extra nutrients and to get some food in her. Is she eating and drinking?

Awww I'm so sorry!!! I just ordered anyway ha but in light of the recent events I think you should be allowed to order more, you know, for replacements!! But in all seriousness, I know nothing can probably replace them and I am so sorry. That is dreadful.
sad.png
Yeah, I wish I could order more! But my babies are FINALLY getting along with the big chickens, so even though I really want more, it is probably a good thing I have been restricted from ordering more, now I only have one pen of chickens to take care of and January is not toooooo far away right?? This is my full wish list,

2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
2 Buff Brahmas
2 Barnvelders
2 Blue Copper Marans
2 Blue Ameraucanas
2 Swedish Flower Hens
2 Cream Legbars
2 Buff Laced Polish
2 Salmon Faverolles
1 Silver Penciled Rock
2 Lavender Orpingtons
6 Easter eggers.

You know how availability goes, so on January 1st I am going to place my order and just get as many of those as I can, but I know I will only be able to get like 1/3 to 1/2 of the breeds on there. The day I have freedom to buy any chickens I want whenever is going to be the day I need to buy 300 acres for all the chickens I will have. Chicken fever hit me a bit too hard.....

And my Partridge Rock. (Her name is Rey.) Today she has been able to barely stand up, using her wings for support. Yes, she is eating and drinking. I thought about giving her something like Sav-a-chick, but I did not have any. I think a weasel is what got them. I think that is why Rey has been so weak, is because weasels suck blood, so I think she was low on blood.

Back
Top Bottom