Mice

Pics
it takes two people to make a conversation :confused:

sadly it just got more and more stupid and didnt go anywhere productive :he
So, am I summarizing your point correctly: Your opinion doesn't matter but mine does and you're too stupid to just accept my opinion as fact.

And, to further explain my stubbornness ... "Humane' has become a term that implies it must be accepted as 'good.' However, it's an extremely relative term, as we see when applied to something as simple as a exterminating vermin. PETA essentially deems any pet ownership as 'inhumane' and advocates for shutting down all sellers of pets.

Add to that, I'm fine with you advocating minimizing suffering. I'm fine with you advocating kindness to animals (a notion that would have been deemed absurd through most of human history). However, once you call other peoples' actions immoral because it doesn't meet your unspecified definition of 'humane,' then I think it fair to call out a need for you to expand rather than just repeat.

So, am I summarizing your point correctly: Your opinion doesn't matter but mine does and you're too stupid to just accept my opinion as fact.

And, to further explain my stubbornness ... "Humane' has become a term that implies it must be accepted as 'good.' However, it's an extremely relative term, as we see when applied to something as simple as a exterminating vermin. PETA essentially deems any pet ownership as 'inhumane' and advocates for shutting down all sellers of pets.

Add to that, I'm fine with you advocating minimizing suffering. I'm fine with you advocating kindness to animals (a notion that would have been deemed absurd through most of human history). However, once you call other peoples' actions immoral because it doesn't meet your unspecified definition of 'humane,' then I think it fair to call out a need for you to expand rather than just repeat.
No that isnt what I'm saying.
Youre asking a ridiculous question. Yeah, opinions on the definition of humane can differ. But drowning simply isn't humane. Do you disagree? It isn't humane, and I dont think irs justified in the least bit.
Anyway, this conversation is over and people on the thread are getting annoyed at it, so leave it now.

this is the thread that will not end. It goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was. And they'll continue reading it forever just because ..............maybe they have trouble not finishing anything they start to read. I have trouble not finishing a bad book, too. Maybe I should work on both.

Y'all started losing me at the part of it being kind to release a social animal by itself in a strange place with no idea where food, water, shelter are or experience with the local predators or consideration for the territorial boundaries of the resident mischiefs (yeah, I had to look up what to call a group of mice).

And totally finished losing me at the part about it being just nature (and not inhumane or unkind) for the predators there (or the local mischiefs, presumably ) to kill the mouse horrifically or for it to starve to death - even though the mouse wouldn't have been vulnerable if not released by someone. But making it vulnerable to a cat is unkind, at least if you can see the cat - but not if it is a feral cat that is where you release it??

Not that it matters. But I think kindness is either live with whatever mice you have or make the end as fast and stress free as you can. For me, that is snap traps. I have seen people say they fail at the fast part sometimes but since I've never seen it in all the traps I've set or seen set - I think the odds are a LOT lower than the people who say that portray them. At least, how I/we set them.

I also have a little trouble holding my tongue too. Sometimes. I think I did pretty good holding out so many weeks days hours. I have that to work on too.

Last edited:
this is the thread that will not end. It goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was. And they'll continue reading it forever just because ..............maybe they have trouble not finishing anything they start to read. I have trouble finishing a bad book, too. Maybe I should work on both.

Y'all started losing me at the part of it being kind to release a social animal by itself in a strange place with no idea where food, water, shelter are or experience with the local predators or consideration for the territorial boundaries of the resident mischiefs (yeah, I had to look up what to call a group of mice).

And totally finished losing me at the part about it being just nature (and not inhumane or unkind) for the predators there (or the local mischiefs, presumably ) to kill the mouse horrifically or for it to starve to death - even though the mouse wouldn't have been vulnerable if not released by someone. But making it vulnerable to a cat is unkind, at least if you can see the cat - but not if it is a feral cat that is where you release it??

Not that it matters. But I think kindness is either live with whatever mice you have or make the end as fast and stress free as you can. For me, that is snap traps. I have seen people say they fail at the fast part sometimes but since I've never seen it in all the traps I've set or seen set - I think the odds are a LOT lower than the people who say that portray them. At least, how I/we set them.

I also have a little trouble holding my tongue too. Sometimes. I think I did pretty good holding out so many weeks days hours. I have that to work on too.
I dont disagree, but it is possible to safely relocate animals in some situations.

And don't assume that your experience is greater evidence here, as I've said, there is so much info online about drowning and how it feels.
Check THIS POST out for another account of "how it feels." The whole thread grapples with similar questions to ones discussed in this one--only dealing with raccoons--so you may even like to start at the beginning of it.

It also addresses relocating animals, which may or may not even be legal.

You could try killing a mouse, cutting it open and leaving it for the chickens to discover. They may start killing them and eating them.

Don't look at me like that you lot. I've know quite a few mouse killing chickens:confused:

That's a great idea! 😁
And an easy way to up their protein intake too! 😂

I have seen one of the older hens kill a mouse, but she just walked away afterwards...

I will let you know how we get on...
🙏🏽 💜 🙏🏽 💜 🙏🏽
🌸 ✨ 💙 ✨ 🌸

Back
Top Bottom