How do I dispose of raccoon if i trap one?

One down...
68502_p1050989.jpg

Sweet update. What trap are you using? I have a 1089 havahart,but was thinking to get a duke trap.

My husband swears that drowning is the most humane way...and, he has personal experience!

He 'drowned' and was found at the bottom of a lake and revived...says it's an extremely peaceful way to go....

I have shot and drowned coons. I just can't thnk or imagine drowning peaceful. my body greatly desires oxygen and would probably be like the coons I have drowned. fight until the very end. shot it with a cb cap. I have never seen a cb cap ever make it all the way through a coon. have only shot about 1,000, so there is a chance. when I get to a millon I will know if there is a 1 in a million chance

Quote:
I have no idea, I borrowed it from a friend. I think it's a havahart. I have a few rabbit cages I keep in the run to put in the coop if I need to seperate someone, so I think the coons are used to going in them looking for food and will walk into anything.

In the past 4 nights I've got 2 raccoons and 1 possum. I didn't realize my chicken run was a buffet for all the neighborhood wildlife. The coop is already fort knox, guess when the weather cools off enough to actually work outside I'll be making the run into fort knox too. I don't really mind them in the yard, but the damage they are causing trying to get in the coop and run is pretty irritating. Not to mention I like being able to walk in my backyard without having to carry a baseball bat with me in case I run into one, cause they sure don't run from me.

Back
Top Bottom