How do I dispose of raccoon if i trap one?

I bought a raccoon trap 2 weeks ago and the guy that sold it to me said he would take any coon I caught to release on his farm for coon hunting in the fall. Don't think that was real smart, but it is tempting. Find yourself a die hard coon hunter--I live in Appalachia so they are pretty common.

Two days, two less raccoons on the homestead. I love my new trap. I use a .22, but my neighbor is not very likely to complain (assuming he can hear it over his AR-15)!

Quote:
Been using cb caps for years. Sound like a twig snapping. Find a friend with a .22 rifle and do the deed. Everyone who keeps chickens MUST have a trap and a gun..........Pop

when CB caps are used in an auto loader the sound of the gun can be heard and not the sound of the cartridge
smile.png

Quote:
Been using cb caps for years. Sound like a twig snapping. Find a friend with a .22 rifle and do the deed. Everyone who keeps chickens MUST have a trap and a gun..........Pop

when CB caps are used in an auto loader the sound of the gun can be heard and not the sound of the cartridge
smile.png

Yes, and interresting to note that the cb will not cycle the autoloader. You must operate it by hand. Good stuff for our purpose......Pop

Say the bullet does exit out the other end of the animal's head, isn't there a possibility it could bounce back off the trap and hit you? That's my biggest fear, so far hasn't happened.

When you successfully dispose of this particular group of raccoons, another one will move in and present you with the same problem. A smarter approach is the completely protect your chickens by using hardware cloth, securing every corner and possible chew spot. Find where the raccoon are getting in, and fix THAT problem before you do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom