Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Well folks, I'm turning in my two weeks notice on this thread. I've already given my birds to friends and I'm moving to Massachusetts last few days of January. I'm excited for free NPIP testing that the state provides (salmonella pullorum-typhoid, Mycoplasma synoviae, AND Mycoplasma gallisepticum), to get away from the rats of the Detroit metro area, and to have over six acres to myself, my husband, and my little savage boys. I'm less excited about finding another chicken shed, but that is life. Wish I could move my hulking, hubby built 8x10 blue monster with me.

Also wish I wasn't running out of eggs. Apparently when you have chickens for years you get used to eating LOTS of eggs and don't even notice. Might have to buy grocery store eggs before this two week period is up.

PS: I'm also excited that my goats are coming with me. Their required transport paperwork and bloodwork has already been done. Yay! I get to keep something.

Starting a no ducks chapter of my chicken keeping. Maybe worming will be less frequent. I know daily care will be less labor intensive, especially with nipple waterers.

Bye guys!

There was a lot of that... now just a handful of us... I wonder if it scares off the noobs?

Thanks for posting an address

I lurked on the old Michigan thread for over a year before I screwed up the nerve to join and start posting. It was rather daunting at times and sometimes the old thread got kind of nasty. Eventually, the moderators had enough and shut it down. (Remember my original question about "chicken groping"?) :lol:

Even though new people can sometimes be overwhelmed or intimidated by the banter, you will never find a better group of friends on social media. I can attest to that. Thanks to this thread, I received help to keep my butt out of jail during my chicken trials. And I also had people who attended a few surgical events when I needed a family member present for the procedures. You Michigan BYCers are my family and I appreciate each and every one of you.

So don't be shy...pop in and post.
And don't forget to attend CS19 this year on June 15.

Well folks, I'm turning in my two weeks notice on this thread.
Bye guys!

Sorry, Rachel, your resignation has been rejected. You are still "one of us".
While we are sorry to see you move away, we all wish you the best in this new chapter of your life. Please stop in for a chat from time to time and let us know how you are doing. We'll keep the light on for ya. :thumbsup

Well folks, I'm turning in my two weeks notice on this thread. I've already given my birds to friends and I'm moving to Massachusetts last few days of January. I'm excited for free NPIP testing that the state provides (salmonella pullorum-typhoid, Mycoplasma synoviae, AND Mycoplasma gallisepticum), to get away from the rats of the Detroit metro area, and to have over six acres to myself, my husband, and my little savage boys. I'm less excited about finding another chicken shed, but that is life. Wish I could move my hulking, hubby built 8x10 blue monster with me.

Also wish I wasn't running out of eggs. Apparently when you have chickens for years you get used to eating LOTS of eggs and don't even notice. Might have to buy grocery store eggs before this two week period is up.

PS: I'm also excited that my goats are coming with me. Their required transport paperwork and bloodwork has already been done. Yay! I get to keep something.

Starting a no ducks chapter of my chicken keeping. Maybe worming will be less frequent. I know daily care will be less labor intensive, especially with nipple waterers.

Bye guys!
You're running off to go become som Masshole?? ;):D

Good luck with the move and don't be afraid to check in with us from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom