Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I stayed up for the eclipse too, although it was too cold to spend more than a few minutes at a time outside. Loved to see it though!
-10F this morning, and the forecast for the weekend and next week is more of the same. But January is almost over, and the days are longer, yahoo!
Mary

That was some moon last night! Skies cleared and it was crystal clear. The light on the snow had a reddish glow. The extreme cold seemed to make the shadows, light and reflections extra crisp.

-15°F here this morning.
All chickens are alive and moving around pretty good...
....even got 4 eggs already this morning.
I gave them some rolled oats soaked in Sav-A-Chick electrolyte/vitamin solution yesterday.
Watching them closely for any lethargy.

Was able to see the moon thru the window, it hit full before it moved to where I couldn't see it without going outside.....and it was way past my bedtime by then. But it was very cool to see! Thanks So Much @Folly's place for cluing me in, had seen nothing about it
previously.

Hello guys. I haven’t been on in forever.

Is anyone interested in trying to hatch some ducks? I found out my duck had a secret nest. I didn’t think much of it, and washed a few eggs. I thought to candle them, and of course, there are embryos inside(day 5 or so). I put the eggs back in the nest, but I cannot keep ducklings now.

Yeah, Amy had her holiday party on Sunday and we saw some of the eclipse as we headed home. Pretty cool to see.

Had the girls cooped up since saturday. Finally let them have a little outside time today, which they partook in. Figured they was just that tired of looking at the same 4 walls after a while. Didn't seem like they stayed out there for long. Locked them up early and tossed them some goodies. They are still cranking out eggs though. Pretty much need to take a 2 dozen into work tomorrow to sell them.
50992429_10105883503913015_4953313098745249792_n.jpg

50556271_10105883503868105_6575295944617623552_n.jpg

Welcome Back !!!
Unfortunately, same here... I had ducks and geese at one time. Never again! Sorry I cannot help you with that one!

Now if anyone has some Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs or hens to sell.... I'm in! I need to get more hens in the spring and I'd like to try this breed out.

We took an "ice" day and stayed home from work. Our drive way is 500' long, with hills and valleys.. if we tried to get out we would be down farther down the valley, in our front yard. I can do some of my job from home which is nice for days like this.

Stay safe out there if you have to drive!

Last edited:
Finally a snow worth mentioning. 5 inches of heavy, wet, packing snow.
Going straight up or down the driveway with the tractor was fine. Going across the slope was semi-controlled chaos. It was a ton of fun. Power slides on a tractor! Woo hoo!

My fingers got cold so I came in to warm up. Then I'm going back out for more slip-n-slide fun.

Back
Top Bottom