Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yeah, been busy which is a good thing. Kinda got burned out on forums, gave up being a moderator at the tractor forum, just too much time on the keyboard when I should have be working.

Judy had back surgery and I had 2 hernia surgeries, but we are back at it again and feeling better.....I even lost 25-30 lbs.

Increased the flock to 40 layers and buy two batches of meat birds (spring and fall) Put in a bigger garden this year and about a acre of sweet corn......got the greenhouse up and working good.......and still doing my real job which really has been booming these last couple of years.....Thank God!

And of course loving all the time with those grandkids. Glad they live so close and visit often.

Guess I better check in more often, probably missed out on a lot.

WowWee! Good thing those hernia surgery's slowed you down a bit!!

Fellow 4-Her's:

Rachel is looking to get rid of some bantam cockerals that are 2 1/2 month olds, assorted breeds. They would make great showmanship birds. They were at chickenstock.

Also we have her bantam Ameraucana's to sell still also. Lavender and Black. They were at chickenstock too.

Sarah

Huston's Happy Hens :

Quote:
Who me??? It ws such a pleasure meeting you and hubby. Kristin and I really enjoyed your company and are so very happy the chicks got a good home. Krisstin wants to see your place, so we might be coming by on a weekend to pick up the pet taxi! It was a great day...enjoyed meeting some new friends, and visiting with old friends.

Hey Rose, would LOVE to have you and Krisstin come for a visit! Buttercup and his gal pal have their own pen (for the time being) and they seem very very happy together!
smile.png

I know we're free this Fri/Sat and the following Fri/Sat and I think we'll be home the wknd of the 4th! Come on over!​

We would luvs to come over!! Let us put our heads together and pick one of the weekends you mentioned!!
Have you named the Buttercup yet? I'll so glad you got him- I was starting to pick out names for him!!!!

Quote:
Those Lavenders were gorgeous! Even my 10 year old commented on those and he "doesn't like chickens!" I almost thought I might be able to sucker him into the chicken world with those beauties!! Alas, not yet, but maybe some day!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Foundering members, hmmm. And look at what you have found. An old guy with a droopy mustache and a smoker.

Oh but what would we ever do with out you Sam? You are our rock!
big_smile.png

That could explain the origin of "dumb as a rock".

A couple more pics.
Showing the outside of the new coop. The older girls are making sure we are doing it right.

27698_100_2900.jpg

Here is my middle son who came over to help. He got the job of digging out where the hoop house run is going to be. However Kodi claimed the center for himself.

27698_100_2893.jpg

Man, Steve, made me tired just reading all that! Glad you and Judy are feeling better. About those other forums.... the only one you need to check in with is BYC. We are the important people. The others don't matter, so don't waste your time with them. So, hope to see you on here now and then. Glad your business is booming! Lucky man.
frow.gif

Quote:
Hey Rose, would LOVE to have you and Krisstin come for a visit! Buttercup and his gal pal have their own pen (for the time being) and they seem very very happy together!
smile.png

I know we're free this Fri/Sat and the following Fri/Sat and I think we'll be home the wknd of the 4th! Come on over!

We would luvs to come over!! Let us put our heads together and pick one of the weekends you mentioned!!
Have you named the Buttercup yet? I'll so glad you got him- I was starting to pick out names for him!!!!

Sounds like a plan! Yeah, we were real creative with the Sicilian Buttercup and named him Buttercup!
lol.png
He and Ms. SLW are just a hanging together for a few days at Broody Hall before we introduce them to the rest of the flock!

Quote:
Looks really good so far! Its nice to have someone helping you out with all that digging!
We are pretty much neighbors is seems! I'm over in Grant
frow.gif
Howdy neighbor!

Huston's Happy Hens :

Quote:

Sounds like a plan! Yeah, we were real creative with the Sicilian Buttercup and named him Buttercup!
lol.png
He and Ms. SLW are just a hanging together for a few days at Broody Hall before we introduce them to the rest of the flock!​

Love the name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom