Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
She started chirping when she realized she was alone, and ran up into my hand and startled snuggling in. I have her in my lap sleeping now.
Maybe she is just tired from crazy chick antics and growing.

Chipmunk seems really unsteady on her feet and has some delayed reactions.
I was in chat earlier and it was suggested that I try giving all of the chicks some vitamins and electrolytes in their water. Some one else suggested some yogurt and oatmeal.
Would either of these be helpful or should I just wait and see if she peps back up or not?

Quote:
Try the electrolytes and vitamins....maybe a little whole fat yogurt but I'd stay clear of the oatmeal at this age - she's young, correct? The rest certainly can't hurt!

Last edited:
Yeah she is young, 1 1/2 weeks old at the oldest.
Is there any brand name thing I should look for or could I just walk into TSC and say I need vitamins/electrolytes for chicks and have them give me the right stuff? I can't imagine giving a chick Gatorade can be too good.

I could get some yogurt while I'm out and see if they will even eat it. All I have for yogurt in the house right now is Strawberry Shortcake yogurt and it's low fat.

Quote:
TSC will know exactly what you need - and stop by the store for the plain full fat yogurt! Good luck and keep us posted -
smile.png

I got what I hope is full fat yogurt. It was the only freaking yogurt that was plain and had calories from fat listed. Geez, you figure some people would still eat enough full fat plain yogurt to keep it in stock among all the other freaking low fat, no fat, flavored yogurts.

TSC gave me Pro-Lyte Plus, which is the only one the guy seemed sure of. It has instructions on how to mix it up for cows, pigs, goats and lambs but not chickens. Should I add a small amount of it to their 1 quart waterer or mix the whole pack into 2 quarts of water like the package says?

I have a random question for everyone in Michigan.

Holy crap is it normal to have so many deer?

We came into MI for chickenstock and the campground we were staying at had a heard of about 22 deer that lived in the field beside the campground. They showed no fear of cars, stood there and stared at us while we drove by. They were always there. Is this normal?

the deer we have in out woods behind the house, you are lucky to see them. I have not seen them yet in 2010 (DH has though so i know they are there)

Yes, we have ALOT of deer!
barnie.gif
Many are totally used to people, cars, suburban living and we have tons of car/deer accidents because of it. Doesn't help that many people also feed them, causing them to loose even more fear of people. When we drove through Canada a couple of times in the last year, we were thinking, wow, where are all the deer???
hu.gif
They must have awesome road crews cleaning up the dead deer too.
tongue.png

Just gave her .3 ml by syringe might try yogurt the same way. She drank it but she is barely awake.
How long should I wait to see results? Or should I just keep giving it to her until she peps up?

Edit: make that .7 ml.
Edit 2: She's pooped twice, kinda watery, a brownish green with some white. Good/Bad?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom