Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion $50 is too much for a bird IF you don't know what to look for...but you're talking to someone who has paid nearly $200 for a single rabbit. But I knew what I was looking for and that the rabbit was worth it to me to improve my herd. I have a black chick right now and plenty more eggs hatching later this week if you want chicks and I can promise you that mine don't cost anywhere near that lol. My birds come from some of the "big names" in silkies and are really nice. (honk honking my horn lol) I am very leary of black silkies because once they hit about laying age they can get gold or silver streaking in their feathers around their necks...meaning that they are not true blacks and have partridge or something along those lines in their background and it messes up the clean black color. I see this mostly in roosters. I would ask for pictures, information on where thier flock originated from, and if they are claiming they are show quality I would ask them about how they've done with thier birds. A lot of times I see people saying "show quality" and what they really mean is "4-H Show Quality"

th.gif

Try baking soda, peroxide, and dawn liquid soap (mixed), which is what you would use to get skunk smell out. For the head apply it generously with a tooth brush to avoid the eyes. Rinse....and go at it again.

Careful using peroxide, it will bleach their fur!!!

I can't remember the exact measurements (look this up and tag "myth busters") but I don't think it's alot....plus when silly rescue got skunked last year and ran through my house, rubbing her face into my carpet....I could have cared less whether I bleached her face or not. I had to use this potion on my entire living room and foyer....including the carpet, walls AND the ceiling.
roll.png

...but it worked like a charm. (and didn't bleach my carpet either)

Last edited:
Maybe he could take her to GR! She's probably taking her lack of hubby being home out on you since you are the nearest male. LOL.

I think this could really be the situation. She is stuck taking care of the home with her two adult children in residence while her hubby is in GR (which she is equating with him shirking his duties). Since RaZ is the closest male he is getting the brunt of all her pent-up anger toward her hubby. I experienced ten long years of this with my stepdaughter. Her birth mother chose not to have a relationship with her and since I was the "mother" figure, I was at the receiving end of all her anger and emotion. It is messed up. In my experience, you may want to confront her head-on about the issue. While I believe that there are obviously mental issues here, she may not be "consciously" aware that she has re-directed her emotions and projected her anger onto RaZ. A direct confrontation of "Hey, you have every right to be po'ed at your hubby, but you DO NOT have the right to take it out on me. If you have an issue with him, you need to deal with it with HIM." It may be enough to awaken her to her actions. Of course, it may not be so pretty for her hubby afterwards.....
wink.png

Hi Everyone,
Just trying to play catch up from over the weekend. I'm glad it's all over and plan to just stay home as much as possible this week. DD did well in the horse show. She took 3-2ND, 2-4Th and we don't know the rest of the placings because who ever was suppose to be in charge of placements & ribbons....VANISHED.....poof....gone. So now it's just getting a hold of the judges score sheets to see who did what.

Hope everyone had a great Easter and that the Easter Bunny didn't leave a trail of anything left behind except candy!
I took the morning off today. DS had some minor surgery on his foot yesterday. Had a planters wart removed that we were trying to get rid of. The doctor tried and we tried ( 1 yr. worth of attempts) and each time when we thought it vanished a week or two later it would reappear....bigger! He had to have it lasered off. I was a little nervous even though it was out patient surgery because they had to put him totally under. It's an automatic when they are a certain age and weight. Boy was he goofy from the meds. He had a great anesthesiologist which made me feel very comfortable.
DH worked on the tractor all day Sat. and had the chicks outside with him. They really enjoy being out. I want to paint it this week and will probably have work in the garage for the weathers not suppose to be too warm.

Happy to see all the little chic pics, frowning on the crabby neighbor & homeless animals.

The skunk formula posted works fantastic!!

As for naming the heifer....I think you should call her....Bessy Lou!

I can't remember the exact measurements (look this up and tag "myth busters") but I don't think it's alot....plus when silly rescue got skunked last year and ran through my house, rubbing her face into my carpet....I could have cared less whether I bleached her face or not. I had to use this potion on my entire living room and foyer....including the carpet, walls AND the ceiling.
roll.png

...but it worked like a charm. (and didn't bleach my carpet either)
As long as the hair is previously wet down before applying the solution it should whiten any white/grey hair but won't do anything to the rest except eliminate the odor.

After much debating, I decided to go with Indian runner ducks for my yard, which we will hopefully be getting in the near future. They are a really good breed to have around, especially if you are gardening. :)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Farmer boy - [/FONT] That sweetie looks like a Gladys to me. :)

Raz - I'm sorry your neighbor is still being crazy. I bet it's no accident that her husband took that job in GR, lol.

Yesterday one of my 6 week old chicks got out of the growing run and had an unfortunate run-in with my hens. She has a huge gash on her head that looks so awful. She is eating and drinking and seems in good spirits today. Yesterday I put Neosporen on it - I have no idea if that was a terrible idea or not, but I didn't know what else to do... Poor little baby.

I'm still obsessing over ducks... I really like the look and egg-laying of Welsh Harlequins, but keep thinking Muscovies would be a better (quieter) fit for my neighborhood yard. I'm just not a huge fan of the red skin on their face... I'm wondering if it would grow on me or if I'd always find them a little uncute... What do you all think? Go with the breed that appeals to me, or go with one that is maybe a better fit for my house? Theron, you have Scovies, right? Tell me about them. :)

Boy was he goofy from the meds.

My youngest had to be put under when she was four and watching her wake up was the funniest thing. First thing she said was "WHOA! THERE'S TWO MOMMIES!!!" (while apparently pointing at the other me about two feet to my right) and then started giggling uncontrollably. Made me wonder though, my oldest had to be put under at just a few months old and they can't communicate much at that age, but I wonder if they experience much of the same side effects when recovering.

My youngest had to be put under when she was four and watching her wake up was the funniest thing. First thing she said was "WHOA! THERE'S TWO MOMMIES!!!" (while apparently pointing at the other me about two feet to my right) and then started giggling uncontrollably. Made me wonder though, my oldest had to be put under at just a few months old and they can't communicate much at that age, but I wonder if they experience much of the same side effects when recovering.

I'm sure they do but just can't express it. A lot of times wee little ones don't know or I should say can't handle the unknown feeling/emotion that comes along and because of that uncertainty usually cry/scream when recovering. DS witnessed this happening as he was being prepped and the nurse explained & reassured him he wouldn't experience that. He was funnier than all get out and kept waving & smiling this dumb smile to random people. I told him he reminded me of Sam Laurel from the Laurel& Hardy Show.

It will bleach the fur!!!
barnie.gif
I am a groomer.
Try ... this is going to sound weird but stay with me...
ep.gif
Womans Douch. You can buy it scented. It is easy to keep out of the dogs eyes too.
Or you can use Dawn dish soap and baking soda. Make a watery paste. Let it sit on the dog for 15 minutes.
hu.gif
If that doesn't work I don't know what will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom