Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want an ornamental fowl that doesnt pull its own weight, except for being a conversation piece? I can label one or two for you.
ep.gif

They are sizzle/Uggos...lol...ready for the breakdown? Silkie/Turken made Uggo. Uggo/Sizzle (silkie/frizzle cross) made these. If Nigellas doesnt and you do- want both of those? Or just one? Which one?
ETA- I have you on the list for an Uggo...see one of those naked necks that you want?

They fly INTO the wind when landing? Wind changed direction?

ETA-

WHO WANTED THE Golden-laced Polish???? Taprock, was it you? Teeville?
I didnt put your name down, and forgot. :(
Yep, I'd take them both! They are pretty little girls. Which Uggo....Hmmmm How about you pick me out a pretty uggo?
lau.gif
lau.gif
Or a super fluffy white one that doesn't have a naked chest, because that creeps me out severely.
sickbyc.gif
I'm just getting used to the idea of a naked neck!

ETA: You are one smart cookie about those geese!!! Good job!

Last edited:
So I'm planting another garden bed and trying something new. Eggplant.

My question is, How long does it take eggplant to hatch into hens and chicks?

lau.gif

And did you make sure your neighbor was able to count them all so she could call the cruisers on you?
Maybe I should throw the empties all over the yard so she can see and take pictures.
lol.png

She has been cleaning the pool cover all day but she hasn't moved from the side by my fence in over 2 hours. Either that pool is extremely dirty or she likes looking at my bees and chickens.

Egg plants are in the ground. I'm not sure if you call that planting or incubating.....

Now where did I leave my beer???

Last edited:
Raz perhaps you should plant these as border plants. They might serve as an effective deterrent for your neighbor. With the exception of 4 pepper plants I picked up at the Farmers Market in Howell this morning and an additional 36' row of pole beans, my garden is as done as I intend to get it. Now all that remains is watering daily and chopping the occasional weed. I was going to work in it this afternoon but have since decided that it is much to hot. Once the sun gets closer to the western horizon it should be a much easier task.

Both of the sons, who live in Missouri. reside in an area of gently rolling hills. They are situated right on the southwestern edge of the Ozark Mountains and one of the most noticeable features of the area is the almost constant wind. I suppose that is because there is very little to obstruct the wind as it blows across the short grass prairie all the way from the Rocky Mountains. One advantage of this constant breeze is that you are able to sit outside in the evenings without being carried off by mosquitoes. Another advantage is the humidity is quite low so even if the temperature is approaching 90 if you are able to stay in the shade the weather is quite bearabsle.

I just spoke with a friend who is looking for some quail. He had ordered some California Gambrel quail from the feed store but somehow the order got mixed up. If he can't find Gambrel he said bobwhite quail would make an adequate substitute. He has just adopted a 10 year old boy and he thinks raising them would be a great new experience for him.

Last edited:
Well, it won't be long now til I can count my chickens!!!!
fl.gif

Today was a lazy day... Cleaned Treasure the map turtle's tank
sickbyc.gif
It was sooo stinky! Smelled like something died. I have to go get more carbon for his filter... He is very happy! Got a whole new setup for him. He has 5-6in of water now instead of 2-3in. He can still stand on his tippy toes and stick his nose out. Put a floating platform in there for him and a plant for him to hide in... Think I need to get him some more rosies to chase. Last time I think he waited for them to die before eating them
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
. He begs for food all the time. You would think I NEVER feed him.
roll.png
lol.png

RAZ...Everytime I think of/ see eggplants, I think of Coneheads...
Maybe if you grow one of these you could give it to crabby

If you are hoping for one of these... you might be disappointed... Unless you live in Goa...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom