Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
awww come on!
You have all the production type critters- ones that pull their own weight..one fluffy naked neck for your daughter- for conversation piece and for basically decoration. :) What it lacks in productivity it can make up for with ZING!

Of all the chickens I have, and have had- my husbands most favorite is the NotMeaties. He made the decision to 'save them' and they are the only ones he even pays attention to. lol

RaZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
here: But I need some idea of what to put in the middle here. Do I do grass? I really dont want grass. What I really want is a ground cover that will fill in and be walkable. Grass cant be the only thing.
How about a path of pea gravel or wood chips to the bench and then plant low growing things around the outer edges. Steppables are good but they are on the pricey side and should be established before you walk on them too much. There are becoming more popular and available, a lot are herbs like wooly thyme, Irish moss and some others I can't think of right now. (take a trip to Schwartz on Sibly)

It's looking good, Kim.

Eeyore - I didn't read the replies, but I'm assuming you're using a .22. Make sure you get hollow point ammo. You'll go through a whole clip of solid points on one coon and it'll still be alive. Also try to get them right in the brain, imagine an X from the eyes to the ears and shoot in the middle. (So connect the ear with the opposite eye with a straight line.)

Eeyore - I didn't read the replies, but I'm assuming you're using a .22. Make sure you get hollow point ammo. You'll go through a whole clip of solid points on one coon and it'll still be alive. Also try to get them right in the brain, imagine an X from the eyes to the ears and shoot in the middle. (So connect the ear with the opposite eye with a straight line.)

Ah ok. I am using hollow points but clearly shooting in the wrong place. It doesn't help that it keeps moving...

I did get some pictures of the coop build.

And the name for it that I picked out years ago...
Chez Poulet
Looks great!
thumbsup.gif

and now you know how husbands feel
yuckyuck.gif

HI everyone! I just recently moved to Indiana but I was born in MI and lived there for 37 years! I was born in Benton Harbor but lived most of my life in niles. About 6 years ago I moved to Edwardsburg (migrating south i guess) and now today Im living across the border in northwest IN. My son is currently a student at the University of Michigan.Go blue! He'll be a sophomore this coming year. I'm a proud mama! Anyway Il always be a MI girl at heart! Wondering who is in the area and cant really read over 4000 pages to find out! LOL
Dawn
frow.gif
& welcome!

Mom 2, the yard is looking good!
thumbsup.gif

You still have it in your live trap, right? I walk up towards it's face, straight on. Usually they'll kind of back away and hunch up as you approach. This way it backs them into the back corner of the trap, and puts their head right up where you can slip the gun into the trap. If you get them backed up and kind of mesmerized by you they can't move around as much. Think of how they'd be when they get cornered by a dog, all backed into the corner, hunched up and mostly still. Be the dog. ;)

Last edited:
You still have it in your live trap, right? I walk up towards it's face, straight on. Usually they'll kind of back away and hunch up as you approach. This way it backs them into the back corner of the trap, and puts their head right up where you can slip the gun into the trap. If you get them backed up and kind of mesmerized by you they can't move around as much. Think of how they'd be when they get cornered by a dog, all backed into the corner, hunched up and mostly still. Be the dog. ;)

Haha my new mantra "Be the dog... be the dog... be the dog..."

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow since it's likely I'll catch another overnight if the last two are any indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom