Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Texas when I was growing up, my folks always got the Safeway produce for the critters. They just put it in a dumpster in the back of the store. Times have changed, not always for the better! Too much waste!
somad.gif

Celia

i was going to try that at an aldis. I haven't gotten a chance yet but they just throw it in the dumpster. Depending on the dumpster i just might dive it LOL

Wanda
(in an undisclosed city near Detroit Metro)

Quote:
Hi Wanda!
Glad you found us! I would give Aldis a try, but with 2 hens I really don't need to. One banana lasts 3 days!
smile.png

I have found so much info here as well as great people. I got my hens from Olive Hill!

Celia
2 Brahma hens and 2 more in the Spring!
107 days till Spring!

Quote:
Thanks Celia,

I only have 6 but i only have me for leftovers and i eat those.
big_smile.png
I was in Aldis one day and they were throwing out nice soft (would have been great to eat that day) nectarines. They wouldn't give em over but said the dumpster was available after 8p LOL. my girls LOVED the ones i bought.. just a thought

Wanda;)

It didn't matter with what the church was doing! But some 'cheater cookies' are really good!!!!

Quote:
Uh Oh! We call those "Cheater Cookies"...I've been catching my Grandma with those!
gig.gif

Hello all!

We have real snow tonight. I am worried about my girls. I know Brahmas are cold tolerant, but I just hope I have the balance between enough ventilation and draft free!
fl.gif

The coop feels dry in the morning, no condensation. Sheesh! I wish they could just tell me how they feel!
hu.gif

Wanda, I havent tried necterines for the girls. I will soon!
wink.png

Celia
2 Brahma girls that I hope are comfy!

Wow Gayle
sad.png
I will keep you in my prayers. Best wishes and best of luck to you.
hugs.gif

My best hen, Carmen, is down. Well, she was down. I couldnt find her yesterday when I fed the others. i was sobbing like a baby, searching the yard. I thought a hawk had gotten her. Finally, I found her- frozen on the ground by the fence behind the garage. Shes just a bag of feathers. Bony. I warmed her up by the heat vent, gave her some water and some scrambled eggs. She stood up, and I wrapped her in a towel and put her on my daughters bed.

This is the chicken that had me find BYC and who started it all for me. The original chicken- and so much more than "just a chicken".
My daughter sobbed, and snuggled up with Carmen for hours. Then Carmen stood and she is wobbly, but she wanted to go back out. (how do I know this? I just did- but she was also panting, wings out).

She went in to the coop. I checked on her a couple times. So far so good. Meaning so far she hasnt passed away..but she looks weak. If I had a flock of chickens, no way she could be out there with them. However, I only have two others. And they think she is Boss so no worries so far. Naked Chicken and Frizzle. If you move too fast, the frizzle runs for cover and naked chicken is also very skittish because ,Im sure, she was so beat up when she first arrived here.

Im very sad about Carmen- she has survived many dog attacks (weiner dog), and she has watched alot of chickens come and go. I love her like our dogs. She has been a very spoiled chicken and lived the life of luxury. But that doesnt make it any easier. I just know Im going to find her out there dead one of these days soon. But, that will be much better than thinking she was just GONE, like I felt yesterday when i couldnt find her.
sad.png

Quote:
I sent you a message....... (actually two emails to correct a boo boo!)

I'm sorry you are having problems. You've put alot of effort into your birds and they're so cute! If you need any help with them or have some left over if the 4hers don't want them all, I'll be happy to help (and take roos too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom