Mid December Hatch-A-Long!

Can I join? I just found this thread and I have a hatch of Silkies due this Saturday, the 16th. Candled several last night and they looked good so I'm hoping for a pretty successful batch.

Was hoping to see some pictures of the chicks already hatched. Anyone???

Hopefully I'll have some pics soon! Thanks for joining, can't wait to see how your hatch turns out! My oldest serama egg (day 18) and my silkies (day 17) are all in the lockdown incubator...I candled all of them today.

Lost one of the serama eggs (day 14/15? I have it on my calendar, just too lazy to check :)). No idea why. But none of the veins were visible anymore, and the chick wasn't moving at all, even when turned the egg. :(

Other than that, everyone is right on time!

So last night the serama egg was pipped and this morning it made a little progress. Just found out that it hatched!! I haven't been home to see it yet, but I got a picture. I'll take some when I get home, too. The silkies should be hatching tomorrow and Friday.
:wee:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

Oh I got a photo:
96c67bab-7ed2-44d8-ac6b-5ff655820308_1_IMG_3015.jpg

I still have another day or two to wait. Since they're being hatched by a mama hen the pics will be after they're hatched, plus I'm on crutches but you can bet I'll be down at the coop when my wife tells me they're here!

Got one white silkie and two black silkies today! I think I might have to help one, I know it's still alive because I can see it's beak moving through the pip but it hasn't made any progress in over 24 hours, and when it first pipped it ruptured a small vein. :/

Well, helped the chick just a little bit and then let it be last night, and I woke up this morning to find it hatched! It's another black silkie. I've got two more silkie eggs left, hoping for either some whites or paints...:fl I also have the three serama eggs hatching this weekend and early week, so we'll see how those go!

Went down with my wife tonight to check the eggs. Wanted to be quick because it's cold, there's two hens on the nest and we didn't want to disturb the eggs because they're so close to hatching.

I was able to lift one of their wings and my wife saw a dark chick almost out of the egg. We left without messing around and will see what we have tomorrow afternoon when its warmer.
:celebrate:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom