Minnesota!

I love that you guys are dreaming of bikes on a day like this :)

A couple of hens went out, and are huddled up against the hay bale sheltered area. The rest stayed inside, so I brought in feed and water. I know they will be in tomorrow too...which is good because tomorrow the windchill is -34 to -40 in my neck of the woods.

Interestingly enough, the quail are acting like nothing is different. They spent the night outside, and are eating more than normal, but that is the only difference I can tell.

not a good day today. I don't have $$$ invested in beautiful bikes, or tractors of any color, or other things, except.....$$$ espresso machines. My main one quit this morning, and I will have to ship it off to ny for repair. I have a back up (yeah, I am that serious) but I am out of whole beans, so I have to go into town for a couple shots and pounds of coffee. The trick is that the backup one has way too many electronic mechanisms and it is not reliable. So I am praying to the coffee gods that when I get back with the beans, the bugger fires right up and goes.

this is particularly bad timing because it is the start of a three day weekend, which by all rights should begin each day with some seriously fine espresso. and if that is the worst thing that I have to deal with, aren't I a lucky duck?

I love that you guys are dreaming of bikes on a day like this :)

A couple of hens went out, and are huddled up against the hay bale sheltered area. The rest stayed inside, so I brought in feed and water. I know they will be in tomorrow too...which is good because tomorrow the windchill is -34 to -40 in my neck of the woods.

Interestingly enough, the quail are acting like nothing is different. They spent the night outside, and are eating more than normal, but that is the only difference I can tell.

not a good day today. I don't have $$$ invested in beautiful bikes, or tractors of any color, or other things, except.....$$$ espresso machines. My main one quit this morning, and I will have to ship it off to ny for repair. I have a back up (yeah, I am that serious) but I am out of whole beans, so I have to go into town for a couple shots and pounds of coffee. The trick is that the backup one has way too many electronic mechanisms and it is not reliable. So I am praying to the coffee gods that when I get back with the beans, the bugger fires right up and goes.

this is particularly bad timing because it is the start of a three day weekend, which by all rights should begin each day with some seriously fine espresso. and if that is the worst thing that I have to deal with, aren't I a lucky duck?
what else can one do on a cold day like today?!? the sun is burning bright fortunately so i am huddled up by the window soaking up some solar power. My two pups have the other 2 windows occupied as well. these days play tricks on my mind and i sit in the warmth of the sun and look at blue skies but know it is deadly cold out.

I hate to say it but i have never tried expresso
hide.gif
I rarely get anything but my red can of pre-ground maryland blend folgers...

You people are ridiculous with your coffee!! My mom has a keurig, two of those putter pots or whatever you call them and an espresso machine.

We have just a Mr. Coffee for my use, and I buy whole beans and grind them in an electric grinder. DH though, has a special hand grinder that gives the beans a more uniform grind. He uses something called an AeroPress, which is a portable coffee press, that he makes his morning blast of caffeine in. He likes that dark, strong stuff that looks like tar to me.
My MIL gave me a Bunn for Christmas one year. I barely used it because I hated the fact that it would be heating water all day and sucking energy, and some of the water would evaporate somehow, and I don't drink enough coffee any more to justify running something like that. I had a percolator, which disappeared somewhere. It could be in our garage or attic, but I suspect it went into the dumpster at some point, which I don't know why since it worked fine. I actually liked using that over the Mr. Coffee.

My birds are all in. After that last cold spell, all of my young, single combed boys have frostbite.

Have any of you seen, AI has shown up in Indiana and Kentucky? Guess where? If you guess commercial turkey flocks, you win.
Seriously, does anyone else think it is a little strange how this has been a problem in commercial turkey flocks for both of these rounds? Places that are supposedly using high biosecurity protocols? Hmm?

Back
Top Bottom