Minnesota!

We have three types of coffee machines in the kitchen.

My favorite coffee beans are from Dunn Bros, the original store on Snelling and Grand.

One of my broodies has returned from the dark side. Now on to the others.

Last edited:
I HATE coffee!!

Have you set any eggs yet Minnie??

I will this week. Not many Cochin eggs though. No Faverolle eggs are being laid yet, but they could go until hatching in March and still be okay for showing. I think once this cold spell is over I will start seeing more eggs rolling out.

We have three types of coffee machines in the kitchen.

My favorite coffee beans are from Dunn Bros, the original store on Snelling and Grand.

One of my broodies has returned from the dark side. Now on to the others.
When I remodeled my kitchen I built a special nook for the coffee grinder and maker. Still looking for tile for the backsplash. Matter of fact I just ordered some samples. Once I do that I will get a new maker. Our grinder is a commercial espresso grinder. I just have it stepped back far enough to make a course grind for the drip maker. It has worked well over 20 years so far.

Sorry Holm. I too am one of those nasty coffee lovers.
I always thought it smelled so good but didn't taste anything like that. Now I think it tastes like it smells. It is an acquired taste.
I started drinking it when I was 14 because you could get free refills and it was cheap. Now it costs way more, sometimes you have to pay for each cup and you get free refills with soda. But coffee is way better for a person than soda.

H7N8 Highly pathogenic avian influenza found in one Indiana commercial turkey flock in Dubois county. Contact Indiana Board Of Animal Health for more information.

Agreed. I agree with Minnie its all these big turkey barns that are causing this. But they are too dumb to see what they are causing...

Agreed. I agree with Minnie its all these big turkey barns that are causing this. But they are too dumb to see what they are causing...

Don't misinterpret me, I don't think they are necessarily causing it, I believe there is something going on there that shouldn't be so difficult to figure out where it came from. I have some suspicions, but I would probably sound like a nut job to some people to say what I think about all of this.

I had to redo some of the that plastic on the hoop that the bachelors and the cats had damaged. I also had to cover about an 18" part of the South face on the outdoor runs. I ran out of plastic, but I had some plastic feed bags that work even better, they are woven plastic and the staples don't just rip through on them. The outdoor runs aren't completely sealed but the wind is mostly blocked out,except the cracks around the gates, which I can't avoid if I need to keep opening them, which I do.
Here is the hoop from the inside now.

Back
Top Bottom