Minnesota!

I am in Burnsville, MN-they just passed the ordinance that now allow 4 backyard chickens -YAY!
lol.png

Hi All - CityChook here - in the SW suburbs of Minneapolis with 4 Buff Orps. We made it through the winter and are ready for spring! I had so much fun in January at Spooky's that I'd love to hear of another get together this summer!

Hi. I'm from Detroit Lakes. I wish spring were here. It has been snowing on and off for 2 days now. My new chicks won't be here untill may 4th. The waiting is awfull.

I know, this winter has been sooooooooooooo long, I can't wait for summer to finally get here.
One of my little oeg has gone broody, so once she hatches it'll be better, more spring like with little fluffies around.
big_smile.png

Nice to meet everyone!!! Well our coop has been started and hopefully we get the walls up this weekend. My chicks are due to hatch april 6th so just a little more than a week now!! I keep calling our TSC to see if they have any in yet just to get a couple NOW...i guess I can wait for mine since it is just about a week out. I am so impatient. I went to the MN zoo today and drooled over the lil fuzz butts they had at the farm baby display. I am getting some straight run banties polish and silkies and hoping to get at least 4 hens out of the 10-12 I am probably going to buy. Then the waiting game to see what ones are actually hens and then finding a home for the roosters or extra hens since we can only have 4....wonder if they would throw me in jail if I kept 5??? I pray they don't all turn out to be roosters...just my luck:p

Hi everyone. Wow, lots of folks close to me, here in Scandia. I'm sorry I've missed past get-togethers. I need to pay closer attention.

We have a flock of 26, and have been at this almost exactly a year. I finally talked my partner into letting one of our Buff Orpingtons set, since she wants to all the time. Just about to launch on that adventure. I'd be glad to hear tales or advice if you have any to offer.

Hang in there, everyone. Spring will come. (okay, but not soon enough).

--Robyn

City chooks, I agree with you about another get-together! On one of these posts, "wisechicks" Katie thought she could have a get-together at or around her house in Hudson. Not far from me at all. Just over the border. Hopefully we can get something planned!!!

sandyj

I'm pretty new to this gang, but I'd sure be willing to host a gathering at my as well. I live in Scandia, right near the intersection of Hwy 95 and Hwy 97. Room for lots of folks if needed. --Robyn

Up here south of Duluth, cool to see that there are more Minnesotans on here all the time. now if we could get the Guinea owners from around the state to join we could really network. just think, soon the snow and ice will be gone and we can get down to serious chicken business:D

Back
Top Bottom