MIRACLE~~~LA-200 Dosage AND VetRx for CRD treatment

It only affected my two EE out of 50 birds.
I’m not convinced it was MG or CRD.
Similar with mine, was my 2 EEs and 1 mixed. They did not have any nasal discharge, or eye goop or any of the other symptoms of many of these respiratory illnesses. Just the coughing/sneezing and wheezing, lethargic - standing around with their tails down. Whatever it was the LA 200 sorted it out very quickly.

I have one girl whos face swelled up on one side with stinky nasal discharge. She is an BCM hatched on 1 February 20 and she is the only bird of about 30 to present with swelling. I gave her the LA-200 injection of 0.3 cc in her left breast yesterday. I have the VetRX but misread the instructions so I have not rubbed any on her comb or put any in her water. I tried to lance this with an 18 gauge needle but nothing was released, it is very solid under her eye. There has been sporadic coughing and sneezing in the coop but this is the only one with swelling or discharge.
20201216_102705.jpg

After hours of searching for the proper dosage for LA-200 a week ago, I have finally found an answer! After talking to a Auburn University Poultry Science professor I have found the TRUE dosage for LA-200 to treat gasping, gurgling, congestion, and other symptoms of CRD. Use .20 CC per pound (5lb chicken = 1CC). Inject into breast approx 1/4 inch deep ONCE. Do not inject another dose until day 3! This is a broad spectrum antibiotic that does not begin to dissipate until day 3. On day one, two, and three rub VetRx onto their combs and nostrils and addone ounce of VetRx to one gallon of their water which has to be "faucet hot" to be able to mix with the water. On day three give another dose of LA-200 according to the dosage above and do not give anymore! On days three thru six use the VetRx as used above both topically and in their water supply. Also during this time, put a heat lamp on them and keep them out of the wind. By day seven you should have healthy chickens. This worked miracles for mine who were deathly sick and lying on their sides wth CRD and I did not lose a single one! Follow these instructions precisely and IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!
Thanks for posting. This will be helpful to a lot of folks.

I give my day. Old birds LS50 in their water for 7 days to help prevent problems related to CRD. I used to give it to my game chickens when conditioning them but it not approved for use in older birds used for human consumption.

After hours of searching for the proper dosage for LA-200 a week ago, I have finally found an answer! After talking to a Auburn University Poultry Science professor I have found the TRUE dosage for LA-200 to treat gasping, gurgling, congestion, and other symptoms of CRD. Use .20 CC per pound (5lb chicken = 1CC). Inject into breast approx 1/4 inch deep ONCE. Do not inject another dose until day 3! This is a broad spectrum antibiotic that does not begin to dissipate until day 3. On day one, two, and three rub VetRx onto their combs and nostrils and addone ounce of VetRx to one gallon of their water which has to be "faucet hot" to be able to mix with the water. On day three give another dose of LA-200 according to the dosage above and do not give anymore! On days three thru six use the VetRx as used above both topically and in their water supply. Also during this time, put a heat lamp on them and keep them out of the wind. By day seven you should have healthy chickens. This worked miracles for mine who were deathly sick and lying on their sides wth CRD and I did not lose a single one! Follow these instructions precisely and IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!
What should I dose orally for my one hen who’s having breathing issues? It’s bio mycin 200
Please and thank you

What should I dose orally for my one hen who’s having breathing issues? It’s bio mycin 200
Please and thank you
Sadly, your birds will still carry the disease for life, spreading it through their feathers, dander, feces, respiratory secretions and other bodily fluids. These diseases are also chronic- meaning that the symptoms can go away, but then come back anytime, especially if stressed. Some of these respiratory diseases can also be passed from the infected parents to the offspring vertically through the egg to the developing embryo, making many chicks that happen to hatch, already infected with the disease. So with that being said, do NOT breed from your sickly infected flock to SELL to OTHERS.

Hey! Can I give the LA200 orally to a baby chick? She’s super sick.

I wanted to share my results with this treatment. I lost one 6 week old chick sadly before I learned how to treat this awful disease. The day she passed another came down with it. I quarantined her and followed the dosage above with LA 200. I'm on day 3 and just gave the second dose. Today the chick is singing, running around and her eyes are not blood shot. (She was watery eyed, pinkish red eye, gasping for air, and lethargic before today. The only thing I added was a few drops of Gatorade in her beak a few times a day on day 1 and 2. I treated all of the other chicks (new flock members) and have them seperated. All others are well so far. I appreciate this help.

Thank you Barred Rooster. I tried this and it worked. I added Nubiotics oregano oil to the water too though. Day 3 she is so much better.

Actually it is not 4 times the dosage on the label. The label says 4.5 ml (1ml = 1cc) per 100lbs of body weight for cattle. Antibiotics are used the same for many different types of farm animals. It does not have to be specifically for chickens, pigs, goats, cattle, etc. This dosage is 1/4 of the recommended cattle dosage for one days usage. You also only use this twice and not consecutively for 10 days as you would with cattle. I have researched the proper dosage for LS-200 all over the internet and come back with 20 different answers. This professor is my Great Uncle so there is no document links. He has been a Poultry Science professor for 20+ years and this was his recommendation to me after diagnosing my chickens. He is state certified and a plethora of knowledge. This post is to help the common flock owner alleviate their stress as well as the stress to their flock. I was advised, I administered, and it worked. Take it for what this is. A post on Backyard Chickens, that is an educated treatment for CRD, by someone who had success! You can take and use the advice or not, it's your choice. :)
Can you tell me how much to put in their drinking water to treat chickens? We have over 200 birds.

Back
Top Bottom