Mites

stinbr

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 24, 2016
My free range Bantams have dark colored mites, grey colored butts with obvious eggs on the feather shafts and skin around their vents. I have treated with Ivermectin pour-on and Permethrin powder. I had this reoccur 3 times. The last treatment was a bath to remove all nits, Sevin powder, and another treatment of Ivermectin. I have ordered Elector PSP. The coop has been cleaned and currently there is no bedding, just a blanket on the floor and towels in the nest boxes, which are changed daily. Any ideas?
Thank you.

You maybe have a source outside they are coming from. I'd take that Permethrin powder or DE and go all around the coop. They like piles of brush and tall grass.

They would harbor in your blanket and towels. We use horse bedding pellets on the floor, and in the nest boxes. We use FG DE on the floor and nest boxes, and stall refresher on the top of the nest boxes (cheaper than FSL First Saturday Lime).

Ours free range under wild bird feeders where squirrels, chipmunks, and wild birds are, so I sprinkle some there too.

Last edited:
Hope this helps …
IMG_3624.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom