Mites!!!

wildspiritedelz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 27, 2013
Gloucestershire, uk
Hi, I'm new to keeping chickens. I've discovered yesterday, mites! Thousands of little black/grey things everywhere in coop! I've stripped it down, taken it apart and sprayed poultry shield on it 2x and red mite total kill. Went out this morn and they were all over the wood still! Are these dead mites? The coop is still in bits, well hen house. It's currently raining so I can't finish scrubbing it and filling it with DE. I also covered chickens in red mite powder this morn too! Will a good frost kill of the mites? Can I also use bleach/Milton in replacement of poultry shield as I've just ran out? My poor girls :( I had no idea it was that bad! It wasn't like this a couple of weeks ago! The hen house will filled to the brim with them. In every nook n cranny! Will mites that have fallen off the ground get in? If so, can I put anything on the ground to kill/deter them?

Thanks for any advice! I'm freaking out!!!

sounds like you gave them the whole shebang! i only use 5- sevin dust on everything except the chickens eyes . nesting boxes, wood cracks, ect.. when it stops raining you can put it outside too and if they crawl through it they are dead.there are alot of other things out there too. some all natural. good luck

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom