Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
I was very surprised how beautiful he was. Parents: Silver grey dorking over an ISA brown

his tail feathers are outlined in a dark brown and his back was a beautiful gold. his chest has a nice grey barring and his wings had dark red-brown mottling I only have cockerel photos as he started attacking my kids and is no more.
he matured very quickly. he was about 13 weeks in this photo and ~5 lbs

Here are my mixed chicks. They're from a breeding of Naked Neck to Naked Neck. Both had big bow ties so all 5 ( only kept 4 ) hatched out fully feather because of the bow ties.

Their mama was a black 1/2 Jersey Giant and 1/4 Easter Egger and 1/4 Naked Neck. Daddy was 3/4 Naked Neck and 1/4 Easter Egger. His color was a Blue Cream Partridge.

I just love seeing al the pics of mixed chickens.

Thunderbird, he is very handsome! Makes me what to want to try that mix. Sadly, my Cochin Roo is a tiny bantam, and I don't need any more bantams. He is very nice looking guy!

I hope to get some pictures soon of my mixes. I have one that is from my Spitzhauben roo over Light Brahma hen that I thinks is particularly stunning! One batch is 3 months old now, and I have another batch of mixed 2 week old chicks.

Love this thread!

Thanks everyone for sharing!

I have a flock of golden comets. Their cock is a Light Brahma. One of my girls went broody and is hatching chicks. So far, the first 5 are almost totally yellow, so I assume they will turn white, but does anyone know what they may turn out like?

The 'silver' base color of the Light Brahma is dominant over the sexlinks' gold. And the sexlink hens likely have dominant white, which would turn any black patterning white. So basically, you will end up with some that are solid white and some that look very similar to 'pure' Light Brahmas. Males will likely develop red 'leakage' through the shoulders as they mature.

The 'silver' base color of the Light Brahma is dominant over the sexlinks' gold. And the sexlink hens likely have dominant white, which would turn any black patterning white. So basically, you will end up with some that are solid white and some that look very similar to 'pure' Light Brahmas. Males will likely develop red 'leakage' through the shoulders as they mature.

Awesome. Thank you!

This is our alpha rooster Prince, he was hatched under his mother during the spring of 2013 his father was a Light Brahma (our original alpha) and his momma bird was a Speckled Sussex (our alpha female). He's grown into a very handsome and rather large fowl about 22 inches tall from the floor to the tip of his crown and weighing in at 10 pounds. He's a friendly fellow that's grown to take great care of the flock bestowed upon him after both his parents where sadly taken by a fox within a 24 hour time period last summer and any new additions since. He's proved to be a good bird chasing off predators, fathering chicks, keeping everyone safe & in check, etc. just an all around great asset to our little homestead & all our feathered friends... :)

This is our alpha rooster Prince, he was hatched under his mother during the spring of 2013 his father was a Light Brahma (our original alpha) and his momma bird was a Speckled Sussex (our alpha female). He's grown into a very handsome and rather large fowl about 22 inches tall from the floor to the tip of his crown and weighing in at 10 pounds. He's a friendly fellow that's grown to take great care of the flock bestowed upon him after both his parents where sadly taken by a fox within a 24 hour time period last summer and any new additions since. He's proved to be a good bird chasing off predators, fathering chicks, keeping everyone safe & in check, etc. just an all around great asset to our little homestead & all our feathered friends... :)

WOW! He's beautiful! I definitely can see the Sussex in him with those short legs lol. I have a Speckled Sussex hen and she's got really short legs attached to a really round body.

Back
Top Bottom