Mixing

This is how he/she will look as chicken View attachment 3739635
You would have a hard time finding a blacker chicken breed than the Ayam Cemani from Indonesia. This breed has a dominant gene that causes a condition called fibromelanosis. This condition causes hyperpigmentation in the birds. Excess melanin, or dark pigment, accumulates in all skin, meat, and other tissues of the chicken. In the Ayam Cemani chicken, the gene is expressed so strongly that virtually every part of the bird is black. Of course, Ayam Cemani chickens also have solid black feathers with a green, metallic sheen. These birds are so dark, they may seem uncanny, but if you want one be prepared to pay big bucks. The Ayam Cemani is one of the most expensive chickens in the world.
I haven't seen any in person, there's have been some for sale in my area, but pretty cheap, so I'm assuming they aren't very close to the SOP. I think it was maybe $60 for a dozen hatching eggs. But your chick is super black! That's cool looking.

You would have a hard time finding a blacker chicken breed than the Ayam Cemani from Indonesia. This breed has a dominant gene that causes a condition called fibromelanosis. This condition causes hyperpigmentation in the birds. Excess melanin, or dark pigment, accumulates in all skin, meat, and other tissues of the chicken. In the Ayam Cemani chicken, the gene is expressed so strongly that virtually every part of the bird is black. Of course, Ayam Cemani chickens also have solid black feathers with a green, metallic sheen. These birds are so dark, they may seem uncanny, but if you want one be prepared to pay big bucks. The Ayam Cemani is one of the most expensive chickens in the world.
Absolutely stunning! ❤❤❤

He is stunning! ❤️

One of my newly hatched has a splayed leg , treatment started , fingers crossed
6564c887-d880-4459-995a-968ad0b0f1b0.jpeg

Yes and for some reason out of all my different breeds hatched only 2 has this problem and they are both silkies . Is this common with this breed
I can't say for sure I've only hatched out a few, but my first hatch of them last year I had a few curled toes and slipped tendons.

Back
Top Bottom