Molting

i think mine are going through a molt. they are letting off a lot more feathers than usual...hold on Tiny is bleeding.........
im back sunny is plucking feathers again.
he.gif
hit.gif
Tiny is my favorite.

By all means, Blue Kote Tiny and isolate Sunny (or whoever is the peckiest) for a while (days, not weeks).

Do you chickens have enough space?

Thanks for the thread. I found black feathers in the coop and my Black Australorp looks like she got a bad hair cut and only has one tail feather. I was worried about pecking but had never seen her being pecked. When I looked closely I can see pin feathers coming in. I didn't know they would subtly molt as early as 8 mos. Now I can relax a bit.

Hi, I'm jumping in to say I am looking for some white rooster feathers. Do any of your (white) rooster owners have boys who are molting?
I'm an artist, working on a project. The vision involves a white rooster :) I can be contacted off site at abbe (at) tyrantsintherapy(dot)com. Thanks.

I have a Barred Rock who may be experiencing her first molt. I'm not sure. She has a couple bald spots but has continued laying. My other hen stopped laying when she molted. Do all hens stop laying when they're molting?

Back
Top Bottom