Money poorly spent?

I feel your pain! That the company won't return your calls might seem to indicate they've been down this road before and intentionally make it difficult to cancel a sale. Reputable businesses do not do that...they are prompt to return calls, make it easy to return and are polite about it.

Bee, wouldn’t you love to go to Virginia to help set up a coop and show just how easy it can be? You can build one yourself but it takes time and some experience and the right tools really help. You can often get a decent building off of Craigslist for not much more than moving it yourself. You can get one of those prefab buildings from Lowe’s or Home Depot. They are kind of pricey but make a real nice walk-in coop.

A roost is simply a tree limb or a 2x4 hung across it at one end higher than the nests. Nests can be as complicated as you want to make them or they can be a cardboard box filled with straw. You cut out for a pop door and frame around it like you do for a window. Ventilation could be handled the same way or you could use roof or gable vents. There are all kinds of different ways to do these things but none of them have to be complicated unless you want them to be.

I can understand why people buy these coops online. They really are cute and in suburbia with neighbors cute can be important to maintain property values. It’s easy. Just buy it and maybe with some simple assembly it’s ready to go. They aren’t sure of what they are doing and assume the product will be suitable. On really rare occasions I’ve seen some that look like they are suitable, but usually for 1/3 to ½ of the number of chickens they say will fit. And people don’t have the experience to know what is really required.

Nathana1984, I’m sure you’re frustrated, but some of us get frustrated too when we see people being taken advantage of. It’s just not right.

Bee, wouldn’t you love to go to Virginia to help set up a coop and show just how easy it can be? You can build one yourself but it takes time and some experience and the right tools really help. You can often get a decent building off of Craigslist for not much more than moving it yourself. You can get one of those prefab buildings from Lowe’s or Home Depot. They are kind of pricey but make a real nice walk-in coop.
THIS!
A roost is simply a tree limb or a 2x4 hung across it at one end higher than the nests. Nests can be as complicated as you want to make them or they can be a cardboard box filled with straw. You cut out for a pop door and frame around it like you do for a window. Ventilation could be handled the same way or you could use roof or gable vents. There are all kinds of different ways to do these things but none of them have to be complicated unless you want them to be.

I can understand why people buy these coops online. They really are cute and in suburbia with neighbors cute can be important to maintain property values. It’s easy. Just buy it and maybe with some simple assembly it’s ready to go. They aren’t sure of what they are doing and assume the product will be suitable. On really rare occasions I’ve seen some that look like they are suitable, but usually for 1/3 to ½ of the number of chickens they say will fit. And people don’t have the experience to know what is really required.

Nathana1984, I’m sure you’re frustrated, but some of us get frustrated too when we see people being taken advantage of. It’s just not right.

You have no idea!! I would love to have a show called Tweak My Coop or Coop Impossible or Coop Rescue and go around the country helping people come up with cheap, workable solutions on a budget.
big_smile.png
They can be cute too!

I've always wanted to do some hands on, common sense help to folks by going to where they live and showing them the possibilities and also with flock management/health practices. Just need that TV contract.....
gig.gif

Haha it would be awesome if you guys came to Virginia. I would open my house up for you guys and your help.

And bee whats stopping you from doing a youtube thing. Get enough viewers someone might give you that tv contract.

Haha it would be awesome if you guys came to Virginia. I would open my house up for you guys and your help.

And bee whats stopping you from doing a youtube thing. Get enough viewers someone might give you that tv contract.

Cause I'm a fat, middle aged white hillbilly woman....not a bit marketable in the TV realm.
big_smile.png
Unless...of course...I were to guest star on Honey Boo Boo.

You have no idea!! I would love to have a show called Tweak My Coop or Coop Impossible or Coop Rescue and go around the country helping people come up with cheap, workable solutions on a budget.
big_smile.png
They can be cute too!

I've always wanted to do some hands on, common sense help to folks by going to where they live and showing them the possibilities and also with flock management/health practices. Just need that TV contract.....
gig.gif
This sounds like a cmt show.

And there are plenty fat middle age hillbilly people on those shows that aren't too marketable
big_smile.png

Have you ever watched Texas hog wrestlers (something like that) ??? If they can sell that, they can sell anything! That show lacked humor & know-how - sounds like you have those in abundance Bee!!
thumbsup.gif
Sue

Have you ever watched Texas hog wrestlers (something like that) ??? If they can sell that, they can sell anything! That show lacked humor & know-how - sounds like you have those in abundance Bee!!
thumbsup.gif
Sue

I don't have TV, so I don't get to see shows but I hear about them now and again. I often wonder how some of those shows get air time, from the description. Sort of like the one about ginseng they are doing....there couldn't be anything more dull then harvesting ginseng to sell. How do they get these shows?
gig.gif

Thank you, Sue!
hugs.gif
That was a nice thing to say! Made my day.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom