Money poorly spent?

I agree ive tried to call but cant seem to get an answer. In order to send it back i have to have address. The package has arrived it still in slc, Utah which is near the company or distribution center. I know this cause tracking it was orginally picked up vineyard, Utah.

The situation just sucks and i wanted to stop the package there and send back so the shopping cost would be minimal. But cant seem to get response from company.

Well yea sorry bout the rant. Hopefully i hear from them soon. If not I'll take it at lesson learned. Thanks for all the help everyone
No rant at all, that is a lot of money.

Not that I am mean or hard to deal with, but sometimes you have to get pushy with these companies to get things done. I would start nice, but then if you don't get any satisfaction tell them you will go to every website where you can place an honest review of their misrepresented product and very poor customer service. As a frequent online shopper I rely heavily on reviews from other customers. If I even have an inkling of a bad product or even worse bad customer service I look elsewhere. I am also the first to provide a gleaming review for companies that I have had good experiences with.

Also, if you paid with VISA you may be able to dispute the purchase and get your money refunded that way. American Express does the same thing as well. You can dispute a charge if the product was misrepresented or defective in some way and the company will not cooperate. It is a more difficult way to go, but worth getting your 500 bucks back.

Since i cant get a hold of chickensaloon through email or phone i contacted fedex. Which supplied me with the shipping address they used to ship from. I am tempted to send it back but since i cant get a hold of them i dont want to send it back and them not pick it up or do nothing with it forcing me to pay for it to get shipped back to me costly more money on this wasted purchase.

I am not familiar with how this process works and if anyone is any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to send it back but dont know if it a ill garuntee a refund minus restocking fee.

They are intentionally avoiding you, I would say. I'd just stop payment on the item if you can through your bank or credit card, explain why and then refuse delivery when Fed-Ex shows up.

Yes, bad companies love doing this. The above post are your best options.

Now, I bought my coop for about the same price if not slightly cheaper but it's a great coop from a local farmer. I have a neck and back injury so building some things are not a good idea. A member of backyard chickens recommended them to me because of how close they where. However your shipping cost would be high from the same one. Don't get discouraged. You can get a decent coop but you might have to think small company rather than large. Avoid made in china. Avoid cheap materials (if they think they use the good stuff they advertise). And always ask here about the builder. Someone either likes them or got screwed by them.

Just ask in another post about where to find chicken coops in VA. Each area has there own challenges when it comes to weather. I don't know of any in that area but I know great ones in texas designed for texas weather. (no one worries about winterizing coops or heating coops here but summer kills most so they build a ton of ventilation for 110 degree summers)

Last edited:
Good news. Finally for a hold of the company and they were actually pretty polite. Im just paying shipping back and restocking fee.

Now im going to build one myself. So i will be asking tons of questions in that subject.

Thanks for everyone's help

Good news. Finally for a hold of the company and they were actually pretty polite. Im just paying shipping back and restocking fee.

Now im going to build one myself. So i will be asking tons of questions in that subject.

Thanks for everyone's help

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
I'm so very glad for you! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....a good ending!

So glad you were able to get this resolved!

Another suggestion of a place to find a quality made coop is Craigslist. In my area there are several carpenter/craftsmen that build several varieties. They're not the flimsy fir versions, they all appear well made.

If you have no carpentry skills and have more money than skills, it's as simple as taking a delivery from Lowes for an 8x8 wooden shed with gable ventilation that you can then add nests, roosts. and additional ventilation to with minimal skill or effort.

http://www.lowes.com/Search=storage...true&Ntt=storage+sheds+wood#!&N[]=0&N[]=2z8vq

$568.10.....looks cute, you can add some windows on the side and frame them out with wood and paint them white...you can add outside access nest boxes as simply as cutting holes and inserting 5 gal. buckets and modifying the buckets for nesting. You can add a pop door easy peasy. You can add under eave venting so very easily and also some venting at the floor level. You can shop for scraps of linoleum to put on the floor to make it waterproof.

All those things can be done cheaply, in one day, and by an unskilled person.

Back
Top Bottom