Montana

Pics
We came home from Billings yesterday via 21 mile rd to Goulding past Majerus. I should've waved!
Looking like it's going to be a beautiful day in the neighborhood today~ Gonna spend some time filing hooves and brushing the horses and donkeys and plant a Blue Spruce tree we got at Costco yesterday. :) Oh yeah, and clean out the stinky wet duckling brooder... those little ducklings are lucky they're cute cuz they're sure messy!
Steph

I was going to be done hatching with this last batch, a week old now, but then I saw eggs I just had to have
he.gif
, so more eggs go in the bator next Sat or Sun, then I will be done- bators will go in the closet till next Jan. I need to have some time without baby chicks in my house.
big_smile.png

And my flock lives on!! Callie killed another Raccoon last night - by golly I love this dog! If I could take out a billboard praising the Anatolian Shepherd Flock Guardian dogs, I would. There's the nasty little wanna be assassin on the front right corner of the the photo there.

My baby graduated last night, seems like yesterday she was born! It was a great night, I'm exhausted! Heading out to let the birds loose, then back to sleep for a bit. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Oh no! The two your hen hatched out right - not the birds I gave you????   So sorry - that's tough if they are both boys.   
yes two pullets are roosters, there funny, there running a muck., trying to be leader jumping in the air at each other and crowing. I have to rehome them :( also there is only one rode island red, 2 have muffs 1 more prominent then the other ( RIR and ameraucana ) , and the black one RIR and maran? And the RIR which has been turning black in the face and collar. Since im not familiar with rir's maybe thats the trait. My babies are girls at least so far lol, getting big and so happy.

yes two pullets are roosters, there funny, there running a muck., trying to be leader jumping in the air at each other and crowing. I have to rehome them
sad.png
also there is only one rode island red, 2 have muffs 1 more prominent then the other ( RIR and ameraucana ) , and the black one RIR and maran? And the RIR which has been turning black in the face and collar. Since im not familiar with rir's maybe thats the trait. My babies are girls at least so far lol, getting big and so happy.
Wow - so I got two wrong. That's terrible! They are guaranteed, so I will refund your money. do you think that you could post photos? They are the cross breed babies, so I hope that I made it clear enough from the beginning that the RIR were only possibly pure but just as likely cross - that's why they cost less than my pure breeds.
smile.png
I really would like to see photos if you have a chance!
This means that out of the 74 chicks that I raised of that batch only 21 are female - unless I hear from someone else that they got boys instead of girls as well - then it would be even fewer girls!!
Let me know how you want to get your refund - anyway that works for you!

No refund all is well, you came far to give them and it's ok. . The black one is a rooster and the rode island mix, with black face. They are so funny, they fluff up tree head an neck and charge. Also try to keep the girls in line even though there not out of line. The black one is very dominant and is not afraid of my ladies, but the weirdest thing went on today, my large black lorp and gersy giant mix took after a buff and took her by the comb and bit a piece off. There has never been anything this before it was quit scary. She is my most gentle chicken! She must be stressed. Pictured would be a given, but my son decided to jam the memory card in backwards and now all I get is error error. We are not happy, her prom pics etc are on that card! And the camera will not work since it keeps saying card read error. And we tried several different ones . :rolleyes:
That's a lot of roosters you got this year, you going to freeze tem? I'm going to put an add in Craigslist if the gal in white hall does not take them . I would like to see them used as roosters and not eaten :/

Back
Top Bottom