MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA-----INFO HERE!

[COLOR=800080]Pricing is affected by age, sex, and quality of bird.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]That being said $5 is a good place to start for very young cockerels (less than a month old) of any non-common breed like the marans and legbars.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]You might want to price your marans a little higher since they are older (8 weeks old).  If you have a lot of cockerels,  you may want to think about the lowest price you want per bird.  Some folks are interested in raising these birds for eating.  Those folks want a discount because they will buy all the males you have.   The bottom line always comes back to how strongly you feel that .... [/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]I'd prefer not come home with them. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]You can check the craigslist current ads in your area and see what chicks are going for in your area.   [/COLOR]
I agree. I don't have any problems with raising your our bird for meat. I just haven't been able to bring myself to that point yet. Thank you for your help.

Getting ready to head to chicken swap in Jacksonville. My first year an so excited taking a few birds with me to get rid of,,,, hope to c some y'all there. Takin lots of pics lol

Just got back from swap an ended up selling 2 barred rock hens and bringin home 2 tournament and 1 one yr old mag pie. Will post more pics later. The blk n white one is my new one her name is Maggie.

I've been looking for a barred rock rooster to go with my 6 hens, and have been having some trouble finding one. Is there a good chance that I could find one at the swap coming up in a few days? Its a bit of a drive for me so I would hate to drive all the way out there for nothing.

I've been looking for a barred rock rooster to go with my 6 hens, and have been having some trouble finding one. Is there a good chance that I could find one at the swap coming up in a few days? Its a bit of a drive for me so I would hate to drive all the way out there for nothing.

Are you anywhere near Ocala Florida? I have a friend with some Barred Rock boys for sale. You can PM me and I will give you his number.

Back
Top Bottom