MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
Hey mottled folks!

i am not breeding mottled but am getting a few thrown out of test breedings. I just wanted to ask if all mottleds get white primary feathers on their wings like the one below? This little pullet is 5 weeks old.

Hey mottled folks! i am not breeding mottled but am getting a few thrown out of test breedings. I just wanted to ask if all mottleds get white primary feathers on their wings like the one below? This little pullet is 5 weeks old.
For the most part my Mottleds always got that primary feather.

I was wandering whether anybody here sells cochin hens or knows a name of a supplier? I love Cochins so much but I can't seem to find a supplier, thank you for any replies! :D

Here's my June 20 hatch from this summer, getting bigger at a little over 4 months. Those of you that have worked with mottled for a while, is it possible for the streakiness of the blue cockerel's mottling to grow out? I really like how the mottled cockerel has just the small tips of his feathers marked.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful birds, beautiful home, beautiful yard!
The streaking seems to pop up in roosters. I have never had a hen to have it, only roos. Mine come out of my hysterical Mottled pen from Tonka. Since I hatch so many I do not keep the streaky ones but if I ever get a blue Mottled roo I would keep it, no matter what.

Beautiful birds, beautiful home, beautiful yard!
The streaking seems to pop up in roosters. I have never had a hen to have it, only roos. Mine come out of my hysterical Mottled pen from Tonka. Since I hatch so many I do not keep the streaky ones but if I ever get a blue Mottled roo I would keep it, no matter what.

Those are my thoughts as well - that I'd like to at least keep one blue cockerel so I can try getting some splashes next year. He does seem to have nice type for his age and is friendly to me and very polite to the pullets which is important since I don't keep my cockerels in solitary cages.

Back
Top Bottom