mottled houdans

yup BBB has very nice houdan bantams!
big_smile.png

can't wait to get some
thumbsup.gif

I need to find a pic of my boy ^^ He has really nice body shape and is just perfect. Your boy seems ok, but his type and all the white are his downfall.

Miss Heny, no, that is not exactly what an Houdan rooster should look like. Since when did you know everything about Houdans?

ETA, here is my boy on the right:

5437531865_eb3fb15e09.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks WyandotteTX, I was referring to her line of Houdans not Barb showing them herself anymore. I showed once with Barb several years ago at the Ohio National and she had some dandy birds in several breeds. I have since PMed the name of the fellow in Michigan who has the Barb Piper line of Houdans to Chickendales. Hope there is sucess in getting some of that stock spread out and working to improve the breed. Duane Urch would be another source but not to sure what his birds look like. I have shown with him at a couple of shows and he has some nice turkeys.
I don't raise these birds but have always admired them and would love to see them shown in greater numbers and brought back to the standard description.

God Bless,

Bo

Quote:
they look pretty nice from what i could see

yep I am in desperate need of getting out there and getting better pics of them, they are 2 now, those were taken before they were even a year so the color is a lot better on them now too.

Quote:
I wonder if breeding up from Bantam might be a good way to diversify bloodlines and get some good type back into the breed? Is it as hard to breed up in size as I hear it is to breed down?

I love Boggy Bottoms Houdan Bantams!

i think it would take many years to breed up, i dought it would be possible as of now
idunno.gif
it would take many years of hatching & culling.
large fowl houdans are much bigger , there were originally a dual purpose breed after all
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep, I'd feel going up would be quicker than down, but still would take a while to get them just right. I used to have large fowl white also from Parkers line, they were monsters compared to these bantams

Thanks for the comments on my little ones as well. Gonna try to get some fresh pics of them on soon. I have a lot in my computer, just havent taken the time to load some in the photobucket yet. The ones I use on ebay are some of them, a little better than the ones currently in the photobucket.

Back
Top Bottom