mottled houdans

just loaded 8-9 more pics of them into the photobucket under the crested bantams section if yall want to look at them. They are still old pics, over a year old now. will try to get some fresh ones as I said , when I do I'll post some on here for yall.
Like I said, they are still a little white, but the roos do have decent V's on the breast and the saddles are all white tipped. It's just impossible to find a perfect mottled example any more in them unfortunately, they just dont exist anymore. Show me one you think is perfect and some one somewhere will find something off about them, LOL They are all on one extreme or the other as the pics on here show. either too much white, or not enough white.
as with all mottled birds, EACH feather is supposed to be tipped with a white V to make them perfect. Sure wish I could find some, but hey, I'm pretty darn happy with these for now, and they do carry white too, so I do on occation get a few white bantams every year as well. need to keep some for myself this year. I got 3 myself last year and a bulb went out in the brooder of course and I lost them. But seems all the eggs I sell I get reports back on about 1 in 3 batches having at least 1-2 whites in them.

Quote:
They are LOVELY! Are yours the eggs that are on eBay right now? (Or they were yesterday, anyway.)

I think I will probably go for a batch, but I'm having serious issues with my incubator that I have to get worked out first. Eggs go through enough getting to AK, the last thing they need to deal with is a faulty incubator.

es those are mine under user name boggy-bottom-bantams...
I do ship to AK a lot and usually have good results with my shipping method up there, feel free to give 'em a shot, they are laying pretty good now, might be able to double that auction to 12 too

Hi, just for information a picture of my favourite Houdan (large fowl) rooster.
He won the french regional championship for me, a fortnight ago.
So as if this would not have been largely enough, also the price of the nicest bird of the expo.

Unfortunately, the expo costed him -luckily after judging- a great part of his nice beard, due to
picking of another rooster in the cage at his left.

This animal with a very good vitality is not agressive at all, compared to former Leghorn or other males.

Best greetings
Norbert

My MH hen gas extra toes my Roo does not, you looks beautiful I hope my.grows into him self quick[VIDEO][VIDEO][/VIDEO][/VIDEO]

This is my houdan hen, Annette, and her silkie boyfriend and their baby. I don't know if she's a proper houdan or not but she's a great layer and very sweet. She also makes the funniest sounds of any hen I've ever heard.

Here's my Houdan at just about 11 weeks old. He's getting his crow on in the second pic.
tongue.png
I didn't get him to show or anything, but was just wondering what you guys thought of him.

Last edited:
Hello Houdan Peeps - I picked up what I thought were two Mottled Javas, but I have just learned that they are probably Houdans... Both little gals haae five toes which is apparently a tell-tale sign. Here are Tinkerbell and Leah. Thoughts? I'll be looking for info as they grow. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom