Mottled/Spangled Orpingtons

Pics
goodpost.gif
highfive.gif

All of these birds are so beautiful! Thanks to all who shared information on these magnificent birds. I will be buying some just as soon as we settle on our new farm. I can't wait!

One Spangle/Mottle carries more white feathers, like a burr of white feathers and the other is more of a example of a Spangle Orpington as seen in Europe.:)

Last edited:
The Spangle Mottle Orpington seems to be eveloping into two diddereftchickens. Once is super friendly and the other is taking on a rather rough and at timews aggressive. mANY OF US WOULD LIKE THE ORIGINALY SWEET, GENTLE AND EASIY GOING. we FIND THE Spangke and fill to follow and enjoy after many generation easger to get back. We have no problem towards these and look forward to show these are true matriricklws that

I have ordered 10 chicks from a man who bought his rooster from Autumn farms and his hens come from heirloom and I think he said greenfire stock... I hope they are the friendly variety. He said they were
1f604.png
I've never owned a mean orp lol hope my luck sticks!

Didn't mean to cause any confusion when I stated that the Original Spangle Orpington was called this. It was not much later that the English Added the name "mottle" to the name "Spanglle /Mottle: This was never to cause confusion, this was merely to add a name to a chicken that carried more white feathering, as a incorrect to compare to the correctr type of "Spangle Orpington" one must not always breed a "Mottle" to a "Mottle" with correct results. If any this will only cause a chicken with in a appearance as a blur or white chicken. As it is important to find the correct balance in breeding a Spangle of always less white is more. In England the Spangle/Mottle is still called a "Spangle/Mottle: In other parts of Europe the name "mottle" is not used in the name. :)

Last edited:
I find it very difficult to follow some of these threads when people do not spell or use correct pronunciation. Please folks, if you are going to try to communicate your opinions, it makes it much easier for the rest of us to respect your views if we can understand what you are trying to say... :) This doesn't mean you have to be a perfect speller, it just means that if your words are all jumbled together, it makes it difficult to understand you...

I find it very difficult to follow some of these threads when people do not spell or use correct pronunciation. Please folks, if you are going to try to communicate your opinions, it makes it much easier for the rest of us to respect your views if we can understand what you are trying to say... :) This doesn't mean you have to be a perfect speller, it just means that if your words are all jumbled together, it makes it difficult to understand you...

I emailed Louise "kidcody" as she does not generally type like that. My concern was that maybe something was medically wrong or maybe just a new device that is not working properly. Anyway it is out of character for Louise, hope she is ok.

I emailed Louise "kidcody" as she does not generally type like that.  My concern was that maybe something was medically wrong or maybe just a new device that is not working properly.  Anyway it is out of character for Louise, hope she is ok.
Thanx, I was thinking that didn't seem normal either... I was actually thinking someone hijacked her name... Not sure if that's possible here...

Back
Top Bottom