Moving chicks outside

bgill1215

Chirping
Mar 23, 2020
Below is this months forecast. Obviously not 100% accurate. But my chickens are 3 weeks old now. When would they be able to go outside during the day? What about spending the night in the coop,? I live in Pennsylvania

Screenshot_20200401-175056_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20200401-231815_Chrome.jpg

Are some of the chicks younger in that photo, or just developing slower?

The bigger ones can go out next week as long as you have a draft free coop for them, especially if you've already started weaning them off heat.

Are some of the chicks younger in that photo, or just developing slower?

The bigger ones can go out next week as long as you have a draft free coop for them, especially if you've already started weaning them off heat.

The sikie and sapphire gem are about a week younger. So the others could live outside full time next week with no heat?

Would be best if you could put them all out at once, so there's no pecking order issues... mostly concerned about the silkie as their feathering doesn't keep them as warm. Possibly consider delaying move out for an additional week, week and a half? See how the silkie and the sapphire gem look and decide at that time.

Would be best if you could put them all out at once, so there's no pecking order issues... mostly concerned about the silkie as their feathering doesn't keep them as warm. Possibly consider delaying move out for an additional week, week and a half? See how the silkie and the sapphire gem look and decide at that time.

Yeah I have no problem waiting. Maybe I'll see how they look in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom