Moving the girls ???s

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
We will be moving the girls to our farm soon! They range in age from 8 months to almost 2yr old....What are a few things I need to do before and after the move to ensure that they stay happy and healthy? They will have a secure coop and run to go to but the new coop is not going to be built as well as this one. Thanks for any help...Dixie

Obviously they need to be confined to the coop and run when they arrived for a few days til they learn this is a new home. Personally I wouldn't lock them in the coop, just encourage them in and make sure they go in at night of course, or put them in if needed. Of course you'll want to have a favorite treat when you arrive -- I'd put it out in the coop, as well as some food and water, to encourage them to go in and check it out. If it's a long trip you might want to supply some apples for them to peck on the way. I gave mine some apple trimmings this AM and they didn't know what to do with them, so you might also want to make sure they know how good apples are.

Back
Top Bottom