MPC Super blue egg layer eggs

Here's another possible breed clue- he's got little ear tufts. Not a great shot of them but they're definitely there. Lucy and Ethel do not seem to have them.

That's a big clue. Guessing he is half Ameraucana. The other half should e a production white egg layer. I'm seeing some ear tuffs and muffs on mine.

Hi! I just found this thread. I hatched two SBEL from MPC in early Feb, one pullet and one cockerel. Here they are:

They are both white with black flecks. I also hatched a SCEL cockerel and he is also white with a little black except he has feathers on his feet. Lastly, I hatched out three Blue Sex Link as well from MPC.

Hi! I just found this thread. I hatched two SBEL from MPC in early Feb, one pullet and one cockerel. Here they are:

They are both white with black flecks. I also hatched a SCEL cockerel and he is also white with a little black except he has feathers on his feet. Lastly, I hatched out three Blue Sex Link as well from MPC.

Ooooh pretty! Has your boy behaved himself so far? And thanks so much for posting more SBEL pictures!

Very pretty. Because of his color and feathered feet, I'm going to guess your SCEL cockerel is a cross between marans, probably black copper, and leghorn. Too bad you'll never see what color egg he would lay.
sad.png
Nit if you have any white egg laying hens and would breed them, and daughters should give you a clue in the color they lay.

Ooooh pretty!  Has your boy behaved himself so far?  And thanks so much for posting more SBEL pictures!

He has behaved but I have my eye on him. He developed first, crowed first, and is in a coop with multiple cockerels and pullets ranging in age from 9-12 weeks (for now...building a cockerel only coop currently). The only thing he does, which I find funny, is when everyone is eating and he is hungry he will use his talon in a dinosaur manner to move another chicken out of the way. He will "gently" grab them and thrust them aside from food. Otherwise no issues.

Very pretty.  Because of his color and feathered feet, I'm going to guess your SCEL cockerel is a cross between marans, probably black copper, and leghorn.  Too bad you'll never see what color egg he would lay. :(   Nit if you have any white egg laying hens and would breed them, and daughters should give you a clue in the color they lay.

I do plan on keeping him and currently have ONE white egg layer so I might try an experiment with that.

Here is the SCEL:

Back
Top Bottom