Murray McMurray hatchery???????

My order will be shipping out this week. I am in eastern north carolina. I was wondering if anyone else here has ordered from them in this area and what day did they get there chicks? We are suppose to go on a day trip on sunday, but I am worried they may show up and we get a call. Just wondering?

great chicks but they are so so over priced

I agree, but it depends on the breed... I love Wyandottes so I had to get a set of all 3. I got some female Silver Laced Wyandottes chicks cost 2.88 ea not to bad, blue laced red str run only 4.09 abit high for str run but other places sells females $5+, then I got some golden laced females that were very high in price at 4.89 ea... But like I said before you pay for the quality not the quantity.

Received 28 chicks the second week of April. Only lost 2 ( I think they got to cold on the way) my question is they seem very wild. They are now 2 weeks old and still they go everywhere when I go to feed or water them. Has anyone else had this problem. I got 24 local in Feb. And they were not this wild. They are a mixed order of SLW, Andalusian, dark Cornish and cochin.

I am expecting my first mail order ( from Mc Murray ) at the end of May... I have only heard good things about them, thats why I'm trying them... worried about the distance tho: I'm in Northern California... I hope they arrive in a timely fashion! I hear the post office calls ppl when they get live chicks but we have no mail service at all on the weekends... what would they do with the shipment then??
I have only every received chicks from friends locally due to the fact that I'm off the grid & my husband won't "waste" our solar power on a 24 hr lamp for the chicks but we expanded our solar grid this year so bring on the babies! I'm soooo excited!

My first chicks I ever got were from McMurry. Ordered 25 and got 27, all made it alive to California. Only lost one at about 2 weeks, it was a smaller weak one. I look forward to ordering from them again sometime. Those chicks are now laying and all lay almost daily and a happy healthy birds.

I order from them 3 weeks ago, none dead yet. I also have them on duck starter since my local feed store doesn't have chicken starter without antibiotics. But they all were healthy and I had atleast 10 people the day of and all handled the chicks. I am very happy with them

Back
Top Bottom