Murray Mcmurray!

I just received my order from MM this morning. 7 Turkens, 8 EE and a mystery chick. One of the chicks, I am assuming it is an EE, arrived completely spradle-legged. Another chick is either deformed or for some reason has an open wound on the side of its head. I can't see the eye on that side and the other 'good' eye is very small and the chick keeps it closed. The sprawled chick is in braces but won't eat or drink. The other chick is lethargic and walks in circles. I don't expect either to make it through the night. Do chicks cannibalize each other during shipping? This is my first order with MM. Not impressed. I have previously ordered from Ideal and Cackle without problem.

I just received my order from MM this morning. 7 Turkens, 8 EE and a mystery chick. One of the chicks, I am assuming it is an EE, arrived completely spradle-legged. Another chick is either deformed or for some reason has an open wound on the side of its head. I can't see the eye on that side and the other 'good' eye is very small and the chick keeps it closed. The sprawled chick is in braces but won't eat or drink. The other chick is lethargic and walks in circles. I don't expect either to make it through the night. Do chicks cannibalize each other during shipping? This is my first order with MM. Not impressed. I have previously ordered from Ideal and Cackle without problem.
I have made three orders from MM, and I've never had that problem. We did have a blind buttercup, but that's not from cannibalism or anything. If there was an injury before they shipped it, and the other chicks noticed it, I would imagine they would peck at it. Most people with brooders use a red heat light for just that reason.... Sorry you had a bad experience... :( If you lose them, don't forget to call the hatchery and let them know what happened. I'm interested to know what they would say about it.

I had to cull the spraddle -legged chick because it couldn't stand. The injured chick died yesterday.

I received 27 chicks from McMurray on the 17th of July all alive and well and put them in an open coop and run at 3 weeks and all are well. Some are smaller than others, but that is to be understood that some might mature faster and that some may be runts. They are all well even though it has rained here nearly every day.
[/IMG][/IMG]
This is only my account. I cannot comment on what has happened to others orders, but so far I have no complaints.

My last post was one of my first attempt at attaching photos. I hope this will be better. Sorry if this aggrivates you, I'm trying to learn this phone stuff. Thanks in advance for your patience.

I have:
Barred Rocks
Buff Orpingtons
Blue Andalusians
Unknown Polish I think
I hope the spelling is right on each.

Thanks, I do. I think he might be a he. He has longer tail feathers and alot of his flight feathers as well. I guess I will know better in a few weeks. I just dont have any other Polish to guage him by.

Back
Top Bottom