Muscovy Chat

They are starting to lift off! Clipped the first one (the friendliest one) tonight. The others suddeny got very good at dodging any capture attempts.

I find it difficult to see whether the feathers are drained of blood. Is it OK if they look a bit pink still (light feathers)? Some are flying 5 or10 feet, so it's not like I can wait much longer.

If they are flying, I recommend clipping their wings, but if they look like they are not ready for clipping, I would wait a few weeks.

We have our brand new 10 Day old Muscovey's, I don't really care what coloring they are, but am curious if there is a way to tell coloring based on coloring as ducklings?

One is I believe what they consider a wild type, but still haven't figured out what that means. The other is a little less of a vibrant dark color with the yellow.

Any way to tell sexes this early? I am guessing not, at what age can you start telling sex if you do not have a large brood to compare to? Thanks for the help in advance.

We have our brand new 10 Day old Muscovey's, I don't really care what coloring they are, but am curious if there is a way to tell coloring based on coloring as ducklings?

One is I believe what they consider a wild type, but still haven't figured out what that means. The other is a little less of a vibrant dark color with the yellow.

Any way to tell sexes this early? I am guessing not, at what age can you start telling sex if you do not have a large brood to compare to? Thanks for the help in advance.

Precious babies..

Your duckling that has yellow with blk stripe at eye may look like this because this is what my drake looked like when tiny

900x900px-LL-3a6b7d16_001.jpeg

Your duckling may not be a drake though at the age they are you really can't tell unless you vent sex. I am just going by color here.

We have our brand new 10 Day old Muscovey's, I don't really care what coloring they are, but am curious if there is a way to tell coloring based on coloring as ducklings? One is I believe what they consider a wild type, but still haven't figured out what that means. The other is a little less of a vibrant dark color with the yellow. Any way to tell sexes this early? I am guessing not, at what age can you start telling sex if you do not have a large brood to compare to? Thanks for the help in advance.
You can't really tell the age until they are a bit older. Beautiful ducks though!

Precious babies..

Your duckling that has yellow with blk stripe at eye may look like this because this is what my drake looked like when tiny

900x900px-LL-3a6b7d16_001.jpeg

Your duckling may not be a drake though at the age they are you really can't tell unless you vent sex. I am just going by color here.

Thank you.

What a beautiful guy you have there!

My pretty male recently passed away. And to think he would've created beautiful babies....

Back
Top Bottom